Where's my Updater?

Speedbird643

Customers who bought the CRJ outside the MS Store (or Steam) can use the updater tool (look in start menu).

I haven't got any form of Updater in the start menu (Windows 10). The only entry under my Aerosoft CRJ on the start menu is a link to the manuals folder (it isn't in there, either).

The updater should be in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater but that crashes for me on startup. Nothing in the log seems to give any indication as to why.

Event Viewer puts the culprit as a "kernelbase.dll" cause.

16 minutes ago, Berzerker7 said:

The updater should be in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater but that crashes for me on startup. Nothing in the log seems to give any indication as to why.

Event Viewer puts the culprit as a "kernelbase.dll" cause.

It was indeed - and it appears to have worked. Thanks!

Hallo,

seit heute funktioniert mein AS Updater ebenfalls nicht mehr.

Wollte das Update für den BER downloaden

AS_Updater deinstalliert...

Neuinstallation des BER durchgeführt, dadurch wurde der AS-Updater ebenfalls neu installiert, jedoch gleiche Wirkung. Absturz nach öffnen.

Gruß

Bernhard

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Berndie said:

seit heute funktioniert mein AS Updater ebenfalls nicht mehr.

So what did change on your system, as it seemed to work before?

1 hour ago, Berndie said:

Absturz nach öffnen.

What error message do you get (check the Windows Eventviewer)?

Hi there, have the steam version of MSFS and bought the crj from the MSFS marketplace. I understand it is out of Aerosofts hands when the update will be released from MSFS but was there given any indication as to when it will be available?

• Aerosoft
15 minutes ago, UptownJones7 said:

Hi there, have the steam version of MSFS and bought the crj from the MSFS marketplace. I understand it is out of Aerosofts hands when the update will be released from MSFS but was there given any indication as to when it will be available?

Nope.

Keine Änderungen am System, normale Win Updates

Ereignisanzeige gibt dies her :

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: ASUpdater.exe, Version: 1.6.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5f3b902c
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.804, Zeitstempel: 0xb610d74d
Ausnahmecode: 0xc000041d
Fehleroffset: 0x0012a8b2
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x412c
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d724c390df51ed
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Users\bernh\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\ASUpdater.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: bbe3a1ef-4ea0-45d3-8263-573a16bab9c7
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

vor 1 minute, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Wenn der Updater nicht funktioniert (höchstwahrscheinlich aufgrund von Laufzeitproblemen), verschwenden Sie keine Zeit. Deinstallieren Sie einfach den Code, den Sie haben, holen Sie sich ein neues Installationsprogramm und installieren Sie diesen

I have already searched for the program ASUpdater, but nowhere found a download option

1 hour ago, august78 said:

Ok so I am in the simulator looking in the content manager, and the CRJ says it is version 0.1.2. Is that the newest one?

Same. deleted and reinstalled from marketplace verison same. 

Spoiler

New Log started: Montag, 29. März 2021
Retrieving Resource Dictionary
Culture: de-DE
Selected source: ..\Resources\StringResources.de-DE.xaml
Dictionary merged
Loading URIs
LoadURIs: Create path
LoadURIs: Reading server URIs
LoadURIs: Server EU done
LoadURIs: Server World done
URIs loaded
Loading configurations
Configurations loaded
Reguläre und experimentelle Aktualisierungen werden angezeigt

Before CheckUpdaterUpdates()
Update found. Exiting ASUpdater
After CheckUpdaterUpdates()
Before GetFSPaths()
Before GetFSPaths()
Before trimming FSX path
Before trimming FSX-SE path
Before trimming P3Dv3 path
Before trimming P3Dv4 path
Before trimming P3Dv5 path
After trimming paths
Before retrieving P3Dv4 version
P3Dv4 version retrieved
After retrieving P3Dv4 version
After GetFSPaths()
Before output P3Dv4 version
Prepar3D 4.x (4.5.13.32097) gefunden: (H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\)
Before output P3Dv4 version
Before output FSX version

After GetFSPaths()
Before CheckXPPaths()
After CheckXPPaths()
Before GetProductList()
Document folder: C:\Users\bernh\Documents
Product folder: C:\Users\bernh\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products
10 files found in product folder
Product file C:\Users\bernh\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products\as_a318_a319_prof.xml read successfully
Product file C:\Users\bernh\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products\as_a318_a319_prof.xml parsed successfully
Server-URI = http://update.aerosoft.com.dedi2593.your-server.de/asupdater/as_a318_a319_prof/asupdater.xml
Server document loaded
Product added to list
Product file C:\Users\bernh\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products\as_a320_a321_prof.xml read successfully
Product file C:\Users\bernh\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products\as_a320_a321_prof.xml parsed successfully
Server-URI = http://update.aerosoft.com.dedi2593.your-server.de/asupdater/as_a320_a321_prof/asupdater.xml
Server document loaded
Product added to list
Product file C:\Users\bernh\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products\as_airport-berlin-brandenburg_msfs.xml read successfully
Product file C:\Users\bernh\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products\as_airport-berlin-brandenburg_msfs.xml parsed successfully
Server-URI = http://update.aerosoft.com.dedi2593.your-server.de/asupdater/as_airport-berlin-brandenburg_msfs/asupdater.xml
Server document loaded

The updater does not work after all

The ASUpdater is not installed on my system. Not under the links given here, I also searched c:/ without finding anything.

I have the steam version, bought in the sim market.

• Aerosoft
Just now, oisk said:

The ASUpdater is not installed on my system. Not under the links given here, I also searched c:/ without finding anything.

I have the steam version, bought in the sim market.

In that case it is probably and AV software that prevented that. Some very bad ones do not even bother to warn the users these days.  Simply 100% out of our control.

I actually purchased the CRJ twice on launch day because Aerosoft servers went down and couldnt handle the requests. In the MS store the update is not available, but it IS available in aerosoft store (redownload). 

I notice that 

a) the glideslop now functions (yay)

b) The airplane still flies like a drunken sailor along the Lnav. Its like it is too slow to respond to the turn and therefore always is too late in the turn resulting in overshooting. The same happens when it tries to correct back, and can easily result in lateral oscillation. 

This happens almost always in all cirumstances (SID, enroute, STAR, and onto the ILS). Im happy that it has a custom nav database so it I can actually program proper flightplans, but I am terribly dissapointed with how the CRJ does it's Lnav.  It really needs work, and isnt ready for paying customers. 
c) The nose lifts up uncommanded 10 knots prior to vr (pitch trim set according to the EFB calculations).

Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

In that case it is probably and AV software that prevented that. Some very bad ones do not even bother to warn the users these days.  Simply 100% out of our control.

I use Windows Defender.

So, if I disable Windows Defender and reinstall from the simmarket it should work? I don't even have an Aerosoft directory in my Documents. Would the AV software not have just deleted the .exe file and left the directory?

• Aerosoft
3 minutes ago, august78 said:

I actually purchased the CRJ twice on launch day because Aerosoft servers went down and couldnt handle the requests. In the MS store the update is not available, but it IS available in aerosoft store (redownload). 

I notice that 

a) the glideslop now functions (yay)

b) The airplane still flies like a drunken sailor along the Lnav. Its like it is too slow to respond to the turn and therefore always is too late in the turn resulting in overshooting. The same happens when it tries to correct back, and can easily result in lateral oscillation. 

This happens almost always in all cirumstances (SID, enroute, STAR, and onto the ILS). Im happy that it has a custom nav database so it I can actually program proper flightplans, but I am terribly dissapointed with how the CRJ does it's Lnav.  It really needs work, and isnt ready for paying customers. 
c) The nose lifts up uncommanded 10 knots prior to vr. 

Please use the correct forum sections and do check if the issue is already discussed. and please please please do not highjack other topics.

• Aerosoft
3 minutes ago, oisk said:

I use Windows Defender.

So, if I disable Windows Defender and reinstall from the simmarket it should work? I don't even have an Aerosoft directory in my Documents. Would the AV software not have just deleted the .exe file and left the directory?

I have no idea. We have seen over 5000 people use the updater to update files so we are pretty sure the system should work. Why it does not on your system is something we simply do not know.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Please use the correct forum sections and do check if the issue is already discussed. and please please please do not highjack other topics.

This was a general feedback on the patch. 

• Aerosoft
3 minutes ago, august78 said:

This was a general feedback on the patch. 

And not in the correct section and not the correct topic.  The topic is about the updater after all. Not about flight model or flight following, which should be posted here: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/1029-manual-flight-autoflight-and-flight-management/

Archived