CRJ stuck to the ground during take off

Hi everyone, I have a quite annoying issue with the CRJ which I have never experienced with any other aircraft in MFS before.  At almost every take off the aircraft is kind of stuck to the ground when I pull the yoke. It's like the axes is acting upside down and pushing instead of pulling. I have to wait untill 200knots to have the plane taking off by itself. Once I'm in the air the yoke works normally.

Trim is set correctly, I'm within aicraft limitation for take off... Any idea? 

Check your MSFS settings to insure that the flight model parameter is set to “MODERN” not “LEGACY”. Inability to take off is one symptom that the Legacy model is active instead of Modern.

Also, there have been improvements to takeoff behavior (in general) that will be contained in the CRJ update that will be coming soon.

Do you have an axis set for speed brakes (spoilers) and did you hit escape at some point to pause the game prior to taking off? If so, you experienced a "phantom" speed brake deployment when you resumed the game. When it happens, neither the speed brake lever nor the external view show that the speed brakes have deployed. The solution is to clear the axis, but you should be able to fix it in-flight by manually deploying and retracting the speed brakes. The other symptom would have been an inability to climb.

sounds like you are still using the legacy flight model. check to make sure modern model is selected in the menu. folks switch it around alot when playing with old imported fsx airplanes.

Hey iamsean. It's the first thing I checked before I posted and no I'm not using Legacy but modern model. 

geoffda I do have axis for speedbracks but can't remember if I did pause the game before or not. The problem is only for take off. Once the plane is in the air, it climbs without any problems.

• Aerosoft
40 minutes ago, Banalito said:

Hey iamsean. It's the first thing I checked before I posted and no I'm not using Legacy but modern model. 

geoffda I do have axis for speedbracks but can't remember if I did pause the game before or not. The problem is only for take off. Once the plane is in the air, it climbs without any problems.

At this moment we simply do not have any other person with this issue. It seems you sim is stuck in legacy flight model. Assuming your trim and loadout is okay of course.

• Developer
9 hours ago, Banalito said:

Hi everyone, I have a quite annoying issue with the CRJ which I have never experienced with any other aircraft in MFS before.  At almost every take off the aircraft is kind of stuck to the ground when I pull the yoke. It's like the axes is acting upside down and pushing instead of pulling. I have to wait untill 200knots to have the plane taking off by itself. Once I'm in the air the yoke works normally.

Trim is set correctly, I'm within aicraft limitation for take off... Any idea? 

If you open the fuel/payload window in MSFS and resize it to be wider, you should see this slider:

Please login to display this image.

Please confirm that it's on the far right (like in the picture).

I tried also the tip with the extra spoiler axis - dos'nt helped me.

Here aere some screens (yesterday, same flight - all was okay and fine ...)

The "brake ovht" message appeard after some test takeoff's (I tried three TO - always the same problem)

I have the same issue, and it's been present from day one, and continues after the update. 

It does not happen if I cycle the spoilers (extract/retract) as part of my taxi or takeoff checklist. So it seems like the phantom spoiler is an issue. 

I do not have spoilers assigned trip an acid, and I have not used esc every time this happens (which is every time).

Archived