Diff Press Procedures

Kewtz

Today I opted for a KSFO to KJAC flight.

While climbing to FL370, Master Warning was enabled with DIFF PRESS on the ECAS.

It eventually self resolved, however I'm not sure of what procedure to follow if I experience this again.

Obligatory - I'm not a real pilot and this is my 3rd flight with the CRJ on MSFS.

Thank you.

Hmmm.  The "self resolved" is the confusing part in this to me. 

Check these: Bleeds to Auto, PACKs ON, LDG Elev set to destination, PRESS CONT out&dark (instead of MAN) 

The Cabin Press and Air Conditioning panels in the overhead should be all dark if configured properly. 

12 minutes ago, A_Pilot said:

The "self resolved" is the confusing part in this to me. 

It didn’t really - the red text vanished however I also observed:

- Cabin Alt read 12000

- C Temp read -56c at cruise 

I distinctly remember the pack lights were off and recirc fan was on. Bleeds were at Auto as I don’t touch those. 

2 hours ago, Jacques Rascagneres said:

I am also having this issue. Any ideas?

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Can you toggle manual rate (button that says press cont)? It says rate 0. Just had that happening to me, after I toggled the manual rate it went up to 300 and it’s slowly resolving. 

9 hours ago, curben said:

Also, I didn’t get an EICAS message that my packs were turned off. That used to be there before the update?

In your ECS synoptic display, the pack outlines were green, so the packs were definitely on, and you would have to have running packs to get a red DIFF PRESSURE warning.

If the packs were off in flight, you would instead get a red CABIN ALTITUDE warning.

The CAS L/R PACK OFF message should indeed appear any time the packs are selected off, but in the current sim version, that only works before engine start. This will be corrected in a future update.

In your screen shot, the landing altitude shows -80 feet. That may have triggered the problem. I’m not sure if that setting can be less than zero in the real CRJ. I will verify this later this week. There are only a few airports in the world below sea level, and the only one with a long enough runway for a CRJ is KIPL in California.

52 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Ho ho.... Schiphol handles CRJ's rather easy!

Ah, of course. Did not realize that EHAM was below sea level but that makes sense because much of the Netherlands is “slightly depressed”.

Still not sure though if the real aircraft landing elevation can be set to a negative value (I will check), or if doing so in the sim might trigger an over pressure situation later in the flight. I will test this later today.

In the real aircraft, the landing elevation setting should not affect the pressurization schedule in climb and cruise - only in descent.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I believe I had the same issue last night on my flight from SPJC to SEQM. I set my landing elevation to 7900ft. During approach and around the 1000 callout the diff press ECAS message appeared.

I had to do a go around due to bad weather. On my missed approach to holding my cabin pressure showed something around 14000 but the cabin temperature was normal at 23C and packs were green in ECS. I cycled the Pressure Cont button to man and back but it didnt seem to resolve the issue.

I decided to try a second landing attempt as my fuel was low. Unfortunately the AP jumped ahead of a few waypoints which seemed to be too close together and I missed my GS so I ran out of fuel on my third attempt ... 70 sim pax lives plus 1 crew were lost :( Pilot escaped unharmed 🪂

• 11 months later...

Not sure if a solution to this was ever resolved.  I am having this issue right now and I am unable to correct it.  However, I did notice that I forgot to disconnect the g round air cart.  Hoping this is what caused the issue

Archived