CLR key problem on the FMC

AleItalia

Hi guys, I noticed that when I click on the FMC, the CLR key to delete, the hand appears, the key goes to the bottom regularly, but nothing happens, because it wants me to click it from a more frontal angle, and this means, that every once, I have to open the spoilers a little, because the lever prevents me, in flight especially when approaching, it causes a sudden slowdown in speed.

Alessandro

You don't have to move the speed brakes if you are careful. I find that if I move the view to the left and start by finding the hitbox on the 'y' key, I can usually then move down from there to the 'clear' key while preserving key focus. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I "solved" this by using Mark Foti's excellent CDU-on-a-tablet app. A number of the CRJ development and test crew use it, so it's definitely a solid app.

• Developer

The CLR key is actually covered by the clickzone of the spoiler lever. MSFS automatically increases the size of such clickzones. And even though we defined the one for the spoiler lever as small as possible, it still gets blown up to cover most of the CLR button. The left side of the CLR button is clickable though - just look for where the mouse pointer changes.

Another example where this clickzone blow up happened was the HGS. With the clickzone on the frame, it would block the left 15-20% of the overhead panel. We had to limit the clickzone to the size of the glass to make it usable.

To add to Herman's post: If you're interested in getting an aviaCDU license, check here.

Archived