An uneventful flight...

StanTGM

I‘ve been training for a week now, shuttling back and forth countless times between EDDF and EDDS - all flights in breathtaking VR.

I must admit that not a single of these training flights went very well. Mostly, I had speed issues - either I was too fast or too slow, and on many occasions I was fighting the AP (or did not even manage to engage it). 

But in the end, all that training (and reading the manuals) payed off:  I‘m happy to report that today I completed my first flight where I was able to keep the plane within the envelope at all times. At the end I managed to fly a successful ILS approach into EDDS. No aural warnings on final, everything just went smooth (including touch down).

I could not be happier!!!

After reaching the gate there was a knock on the cabin door. I checked the skycam and could not believe my eyes: It was Mathijs himself, waiting to congratulate me on my first successful flight in the CRJ  :-)

Yeah, figured so much given you mentioned you exclusively fly VR. Even though you can get some improvements with SideQuest, the Quest 2 that I have is just not there yet. One of these days hope to to be able to fly with the Varjo and with hand controls (vs mouse). That should be a game changer.

Archived