Spoilers Deploy When Throttles Are Moved

I just noticed that my spoilers deploy when throttles are moved and when I do a left click on my mouse to look around the flightdeck.

I don't recall this as a normal feature of the CRJ during my numerous jumpseat rides back in the day.

Where would be a good place to start.

Here is a video of the event.......    Don't mind the messy desk.

Thank

Randy

On 26.3.2021 at 10:31, A320pilot23 sagte:

I the attached image you can see where to delete the assignment. :) Edit: After deleting make sure to click on "save" in the lower left corner. Otherwise the change will not be activated.

Please login to display this image.

You‘re using my CRJ profile for spad.next I guess. 😄 I mapped the spoiler axis to the left on the quadrant for my setup. That’s the reason you have a double assignment on the axis. Just go into spad.next and delete the assignment as shown in the picture above. That should do it.

28 minutes ago, A320pilot23 said:

You‘re using my CRJ profile for spad.next I guess. 😄 I mapped the spoiler axis to the left on the quadrant for my setup. That’s the reason you have a double assignment on the axis. Just go into spad.next and delete the assignment as shown in the picture above. That should do it.

Many Many Thanks.  It took me most of yesterday to figure out how to turn the ALT ON in SPAD but I got it done.  Do you have any rec settings for an axis on the throttles for a spoiler setting in Spad.

Also I gather you have the Multi Flight Panel on your system... Do you ever with the CRJ get the ALT/SPD/HDG knobs to spin out of control in the sim when turning the knob with the MFP? 

Thanks again.

vor 9 Minuten, rsmith6621a sagte:

Many Many Thanks.  It took me most of yesterday to figure out how to turn the ALT ON in SPAD but I got it done.  Do you have any rec settings for an axis on the throttles for a spoiler setting in Spad.

Also I gather you have the Multi Flight Panel on your system... Do you ever with the CRJ get the ALT/SPD/HDG knobs to spin out of control in the sim when turning the knob with the MFP? 

Thanks again.

Your welcome! Yeah that spinning out of controls happens to me too from time to time. I have no idea why it happens and unfortunately I don’t have a solution to that atm other than „stopping“ the knob with the mouse.

Concerning the spoiler axis I don’t have special recommendations I think. I just set the spoiler axis as you saw in the profile. Of course you can set the axis to a different lever on the quadrant so that it doesn’t interfere with the thrust.

18 minutes ago, A320pilot23 said:

Your welcome! Yeah that spinning out of controls happens to me too from time to time. I have no idea why it happens and unfortunately I don’t have a solution to that atm other than „stopping“ the knob with the mouse.

Concerning the spoiler axis I don’t have special recommendations I think. I just set the spoiler axis as you saw in the profile. Of course you can set the axis to a different lever on the quadrant so that it doesn’t interfere with the thrust.

I think I will just drag it with the mouse.  Hopefully this takes care of pitching and speed loss I have on APP.

• Aerosoft

"... Yeah that spinning out of controls happens to me too from time to time. I have no idea why it happens and unfortunately I don’t have a solution to that atm other than „stopping“ the knob with the mouse...."

--> It may be due to flaw in the panel design that has already happened before.
When stopped, the encoder sometimes "sticks" on a pulse position, continuously sending pulse info. Hence the out of control spin maybe.

Archived