Update Comming Soon

rsmith6621a

So the Aerosoft Chief Pilot and CEO has said that an update is coming very soon...maybe later today.

Question,. Will it require a complete uninstall/reinstall or with the updater do the trick?

This is great, but no mention at all of the excessive turning or trim related issues at altitude or did I miss them??  Those are the two biggest faults IMHO.  I'm curious why those were omitted??  Either they haven't solved them yet, or are blaming it on Asobo I guess.  Don't get me wrong...still VERY happy with this A/C but those are kinda big deals, so it'd be nice to know they at least acknowledge and are working on a solution.

Didn´t find the wrong labeled dark engine start/stop switches at the list, but guess, it´ll be part of the update?

Thanks and regards,

Herbert

There are lots of changes, was hoping to see more on control surfaces / inertia / flight model but perhaps those are still being worked in and will be on the way soon.

I like the changes listed, good start.

48 minutes ago, Purr said:

There are lots of changes, was hoping to see more on control surfaces / inertia / flight model but perhaps those are still being worked in and will be on the way soon.

I like the changes listed, good start.

Yes the flight model specially inertia in MSFS needs to be looked at and redesigned from the bottom up imo. Because of the flaps and fps performance issue I was forced to go back to XP, DCS and P3D few weeks ago and after re-visiting their flight models I now have little to no intention of coming back to MSFS until the flight model and things like inertia, adverse yaw etc show signs of improvement across the board in all aircraft and not just CRJ. In other sims except DCS the scenery and overall world environment looks ugly compared to MSFS but it's their aircraft and their superior and realistic flight model is one thing I can't leave and forget. I'm not criticizing the CRJ or Aerosoft by saying all these but all I'm saying is Microsoft and Asobo urgently need to pay more attention to the one thing that should matter first and foremost: a realistic simulation of flight and aircraft!

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, DLH9KA said:

And will it be available today as well in 3rd party stores e.g. simmarket or the MSFS Store?

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

This will very soon be made available to our shop, affiliated shops and Microsoft.

Aerosoft Aircraft CRJ 550/700 - MSFS
This text holds the information we gathered after the manual was created.

---------------------------------------
IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

- For all support, come to our forum: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/

V1.0.0.0 release version

V1.0.0.1 update 1

[...]

3 hours ago, Puukka said:

Didn´t find the wrong labeled dark engine start/stop switches at the list, but guess, it´ll be part of the update?

Thanks and regards,

Herbert

That was fixed. Apparently got left off of the list.

2 minutes ago, Crazy Russian said:

Nice, you made great work. Is landing gear sound (inside cockpit) includes in this update?

I thought they said in the video it can't be heard it in the cockpit. Given that, why make it less realistic?

30 minutes ago, Thx1137 said:

I thought they said in the video it can't be heard it in the cockpit.

It's strange, cuz i watched some videos from the cabin and i can hear very clearly some clunk and hydraulic sounds. Yep they are not such loud but anyway...

1 hour ago, Crazy Russian said:

It's strange, cuz i watched some videos from the cabin and i can hear very clearly some clunk and hydraulic sounds. Yep they are not such loud but anyway...

Yup. Def hear it here. 

47 minutes ago, haskell99 said:

Def hear it here. 

YUP. Even here i can hear changing sound level of noises after landing gear down. In sim i can hear no changes after this operation. I think Ideal decision is add some volume tuner into the laptop and everyone can edit his sound as he want. (like FlyByWire did).

10 hours ago, EvidencePlz said:

Yes the flight model specially inertia in MSFS needs to be looked at and redesigned from the bottom up imo. Because of the flaps and fps performance issue I was forced to go back to XP, DCS and P3D few weeks ago and after re-visiting their flight models I now have little to no intention of coming back to MSFS until the flight model and things like inertia, adverse yaw etc show signs of improvement across the board in all aircraft and not just CRJ. In other sims except DCS the scenery and overall world environment looks ugly compared to MSFS but it's their aircraft and their superior and realistic flight model is one thing I can't leave and forget. I'm not criticizing the CRJ or Aerosoft by saying all these but all I'm saying is Microsoft and Asobo urgently need to pay more attention to the one thing that should matter first and foremost: a realistic simulation of flight and aircraft!

I haven't flown large airplanes like CRJ IRL, so I can only compare  light GA. Just because other sim marketed as "authentic" it not necessarily means so. I do find adverse yaw sufficient in MSFS Cessna 172. In fact most modern GA airplane design to offset adverse yaw.

Also worth mentioning that each sim has  strong and weak parts. For example, I have never ever had to use so much right rudder how in stock 172 modeled XP11. Also tail draggers in XP11 is nothing close to my experience levying Citabria , Decathlon and T6 IRL. So be careful when you refer to other sim as authentic source of realism. Realism only exists in actual real life not in another sim.

6 hours ago, Thx1137 said:

I thought they said in the video it can't be heard it in the cockpit. Given that, why make it less realistic?

There is a real CRJ pilot in the sound subforum who says the gear operation is clearly heard from the cockpit. Maybe it's not heard with headphones on.

2 hours ago, mhron said:

There is a real CRJ pilot in the sound subforum who says the gear operation is clearly heard from the cockpit. Maybe it's not heard with headphones on.

You can hear it with or without headphones as it's quite loud. It's a very distinctive thump from the gear unlocking and a very significant increase in wind noise.

• Aerosoft
17 hours ago, rsmith6621a said:

So the Aerosoft Chief Pilot and CEO has said that an update is coming very soon...maybe later today.

Question,. Will it require a complete uninstall/reinstall or with the updater do the trick?

Updater for copies sold via us and affiliated shops, MS has it's own update system.

Btw, I'm not the CEO, just a project manager and manager of the support department.

Archived