After Performance Update 1.14.6.0 CRJ Not Working

Julian Fenton

Was working perfectly before the last hotfix on the 26th, went to load a short hop form KGSP-KATL and when the aircraft loaded it was like it was cold & dark.  Normally not a problem, following the normal start up procedure the batteries would not work and the EFB would not click on.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and now the CRJ is not even showing in the sim.  Windows Defender and Realtime protection is of as well because of the install conflicts.   Ideas?

Thanks!  Stoneman101

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please reply if either of you (or anyone else that joins this issue thread) first emptied your Community folder before applying the 1.14.6.0 patch. This was noted in the patch notes here and this is the relevant text: Reminder: Some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior. Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.

Every single update something breaks.   Frustrating as hell.  

If bought on marketplace make sure you take out the aerosoft CRJ folder in the community folder.  When you do that go to content manager and you should then get the download button highloighted again and so be able to re-download and intsall it.  That worlked for me but I still have issues with the radios not TX or RX on VATSIM.  

37 minutes ago, Herman said:

Please reply if either of you (or anyone else that joins this issue thread) first emptied your Community folder before applying the 1.14.6.0 patch. This was noted in the patch notes here and this is the relevant text: Reminder: Some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior. Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.

Yes correct and I did that.  I use the addons linker so thats easy to do.  I do it for every update and now that message is always there.  It is not exclusive to that last hotfix, they always have it in the instructions.  Its so they can just blame everything else for thier lack of any sort of quality control and thoroughly checking if updates actually work and not break anything else.   I dont know about anyone else but I cringe when I see an update or hear about one on the horizon.  Lots of promises each time but full of heartache and frustration.  And now we can add to it companies brining out planes at fairly steep prices that as soon as an update comes along they break and then we wait days/ weeks for a fix because no-one can get off their butts to fix it, too busy counting the money.  At least with the FBW A320NX there are fizes usually the same day.  

So I just had my first major issue with the CRJ and it happens to be the first flight I've done since the 1.14.6.0 update. During cruise, when I was attempting to change the approach for my destination airport all of the screens froze. FMS, PFD, MFD, all of the buttons and switches. But the plane itself remained responsive. I could control it, but nothing was reflected on the screens. This has never happened to be before and I've had (and been using) the plane since the day it was released.

To clarify, I purchased the plane through Marketplace and there is no Aerosoft CRJ folder in my community folder. There is a CRJ folder for one of the repaints I downloaded but that's it.

I cleaned everything out fir the Community as requested and got it installed, but still no displays EFB not clickable and the ailerons and rudder are hard over.  The only light in the cockpit it the flood light.  

Please login to display this image.

Just did a complete re install with AS_AIRCRAFT-CRJ-550-700_MSFS_V1001 and still getting this.  Ideas?

• Deputy Sheriffs

For people who are experiencing this issue, please try this first and let us know if that helps. Also check that you are on update 1.0.0.1

Well we gave it a shot.  When I first looked at the file there were plenty if those m files.  Thinking that would be the key, I deleted those files and then fired up the sim.  Sadly had the same outcome.  Did a complete reinstall of the CRJ and deleted the file from the localappdata file it created one m file for 3d and still have the same outcome . I even deleted the lone m file and still called no joy.  

Thanks to Secondator for the info but sorry to say we're still on the ground.  

Not that I know of, anything specific?  

Did some looking and I found this:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60420f33
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60420f33
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001ece999
Faulting process id: 0x3134
Faulting application start time: 0x01d725ba81d6bf64
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 0733c88e-126c-4a01-b216-60a0b01a20f1
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

The weird thing is the aircraft throttles up, but all the controls are hard left and the lights are on but the switched in the cockpit are off.  Things click and switches move but do nothing.  

1 hour ago, Julian Fenton said:

The weird thing is the aircraft throttles up, but all the controls are hard left and the lights are on but the switched in the cockpit are off.  Things click and switches move but do nothing.  

I had that happen the second time I went to fly it.... Closed down the flight killed MSFS and then Restarted and did not have it again.... was really weird...

I just read through this thread myself, I am going to throw a few things at you to try. Please attempt them in this order, as this will essentially reset FS2020 back to a default state, and completely reset the CRJ. 

1) Move the entire contents of your community folder to somewhere else (I always do this before any MSFS update)

2) This is a question and answer sort of deal, did you buy this through the FS Marketplace or through Aerosoft? If you bought it through FS Marketplace, load up the sim and delete the CRJ through the content manager under Menu->Profile->Content Manager, if through Aerosoft follow their instructions to remove it. Also make sure that you delete the Aerosoft CRJ from the community folder in general do not retain it.

3) Load up in a different airplane, does not matter which airplane, but make sure you load up into the simulator fully

4) Close the Simulator

5) Reset the CRJ, but this time delete the entire folder, I had some issues after the last CRJ Update, this resolved my problems, but we are not done yet. 

6) Reset MSFS 2020 to a default state

7) Now run FS2020 in Administrator Mode

😎 Reinstall the CRJ, and let me know if it is now working

• 4 months later...
  • Aerosoft
19 hours ago, Daytona125 said:

Any fixes for this problem as it is still a problem?

No fix as we simply do not see this problem.

If we get more information we might be able to indicate what is on these systems that is causing the issue but for now we only have three users who reporeted it and no idea where their systems differers from all others.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problems. I even cleared out my community folder and uninstalled and reinstalled. I’ve tried every suggestion  as recommended in this forum. Below are the issues :

-none of the various cockpit Light switches work 

-Many switches only turn one way, once turned, you can’t turn them back 

-The IRS / nav unit doesn’t turn so you’re stuck with flying with it in the preset off position  

-The lamp test works one way, all the lights  go on but guess what? You cant turn them back off which means once again , you are forced to reboot and start over which is irritating cause you wasted all that time up to that point in the checklist.  

-testing the flight control surfaces on the synoptic display only works one way. Guess what that means? It’s impossible to recenter the ailerons or rudders. Again, That forces you to start the whole process over. 

Overall I guess about 60-70% of the switches knobs etc are functional which is somewhat better than basic MSFS basic models where only 30- 40% of the switches and knobs work . But for me , not having ability to light up the cockpit lights for my fave night flying makes me less wanting to fly the plane. It’s not bad enough to ask for a refund but darn near getting that way. It’s still my fave plane but at the same time , I feel extremely dissapointed that so much stuff doesn’t work plus it really sucks the big one to have to restart/reboot half way into your checklist because the dam switches won’t go back to original position such as the amp light test. I ain’t gonna fly a plane where every single light switch is stuck in the on position like a lit up Christina tree. 🙄

Why does this only happen to some ? I see most you tube users don’t have these problems at all. Can’t believe we’re 8 months on and still, no one such as aerosoft has a solution . 

2 hours ago, Steve55 said:

I have the same problems. I even cleared out my community folder and uninstalled and reinstalled. I’ve tried every suggestion  as recommended in this forum. Below are the issues :

-none of the various cockpit Light switches work 

-Many switches only turn one way, once turned, you can’t turn them back 

-The IRS / nav unit doesn’t turn so you’re stuck with flying with it in the preset off position  

-The lamp test works one way, all the lights  go on but guess what? You cant turn them back off which means once again , you are forced to reboot and start over which is irritating cause you wasted all that time up to that point in the checklist.  

-testing the flight control surfaces on the synoptic display only works one way. Guess what that means? It’s impossible to recenter the ailerons or rudders. Again, That forces you to start the whole process over. 

Overall I guess about 60-70% of the switches knobs etc are functional which is somewhat better than basic MSFS basic models where only 30- 40% of the switches and knobs work . But for me , not having ability to light up the cockpit lights for my fave night flying makes me less wanting to fly the plane. It’s not bad enough to ask for a refund but darn near getting that way. It’s still my fave plane but at the same time , I feel extremely dissapointed that so much stuff doesn’t work plus it really sucks the big one to have to restart/reboot half way into your checklist because the dam switches won’t go back to original position such as the amp light test. I ain’t gonna fly a plane where every single light switch is stuck in the on position like a lit up Christina tree. 🙄

Why does this only happen to some ? I see most you tube users don’t have these problems at all. Can’t believe we’re 8 months on and still, no one such as aerosoft has a solution . 

All of those Items work for me ...  You have to use a Mouse Wheel on the Multi Switches...  you can not just click them...

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, Steve55 said:

Why does this only happen to some ? I see most you tube users don’t have these problems at all.

Most likely because they did read page 8 of Vol 1 of the manuals.

Al these controls work fine.

Archived