LNAV not following predicted path

Hi,

I was on an approach into EGCC via MCT for ILS 05L which requires a procedure turn to intercept the runway heading but the aircraft turned left again after the turn to 187 degrees instead of right as the LNAV path showed.

Is the logic to turn in the direction of the smallest angle?

Why did the flight director not follow the correct path?

Thanks.

Please login to display this image.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2021 at 10:57 AM, Danny875 said:

Hi,

I was on an approach into EGCC via MCT for ILS 05L which requires a procedure turn to intercept the runway heading but the aircraft turned left again after the turn to 187 degrees instead of right as the LNAV path showed.

Is the logic to turn in the direction of the smallest angle?

Why did the flight director not follow the correct path?

Thanks.

Please login to display this image.

With a procedure turn, the aircraft should have turned as depicted on the chart. I’ll try this approach and see what happens - it may be a bug.

Hi Guys , I had a same thing, the autopilot isn't capable for making Approaches properly (Just my case )  wen executing under ILS approach autopilot flight below GS path going to the terrain if you don't disconnect and proceed manual ..If.. I Am wrong let me know please.

11 minutes ago, Braveheart76 said:

If.. I Am wrong let me know please.

You're not wrong. There's an issue with the ILS. Specifically the glideslope. It's not affecting everyone but it's certainly affecting a lot of people.

Here's a big thread on it. I'm confident Aerosoft will get it taken care of.

17 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

With a procedure turn, the aircraft should have turned as depicted on the chart. I’ll try this approach and see what happens - it may be a bug.

VOR 17 into Canberra won't fly the ARC leg...  Not complaining or Hijacking just adding to other Approaches to throw on the test pile...

34 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

VOR 17 into Canberra won't fly the ARC leg...  Not complaining or Hijacking just adding to other Approaches to throw on the test pile...

It will in the next update. Standard DME arcs were accidentally disabled in the current version, but that has been fixed and is working well.

Archived