CRJ Stops Climbing

Has anyone had an issue where the CRJ stops climbing short of the altitude set in the MCP and FMS?

Did three flights last night KSJC/KSEA, CRJ 700. Planned FL380 per Simbrief.  On one flight it stopped at FL260, another FL320 and the third FL305. It would not climb any further and the aircraft was basically empty.

Regards

Lots of topics on this, but summarizing:

1) Ice can be a problem, but you will get an ice warning if it is. Turn anti-ice on. I doubt that this is your issue.

2) Don't let your speed drop too low. If that happens, you will end up with an angle of attack that is too high and you won't be able to overcome the resulting drag no matter what the throttle is set to. To recover, pitch down accelerate to mach .74 and resume climbing. (Real CRJ pilots may be able to recommend a different mach number, but I know .74 works).

3) If you have speed brakes (spoilers) and flaps bound to an axis and you hit escape, you might find that the flaps and speed brakes extend on returning to the game. However, you won't see the speed brake handle move, nor will you see the speed brakes deployed in external view. The solution is to remove the offending axis settings, but you should be able to work around the problem in-flight by using the speed brake lever to manually extend the speed brakes and then immediately retract them. After doing that, you may (or may not) need to pitch down to gain sufficient speed to resume climbing.

I've been up to FL400 with a loaded CR7 without issue, but you do have to mind the above issues (#2 especially).

Archived