PersistentCRJ

zenit_swe

I made a very simple and ugly "hack", an application that can save and load the state of just about every switch and knob in the CRJ cockpit. When you have parked at your destination, start the app and press save. When you load your next flight, start the app again and press load. After a little while the cockpit will be in the same state as you left it (hopefully).

It requires the FSUIPC WASM module by John Dowson: https://forum.simflight.com/topic/92031-wasm-module-client-api-for-msfs-fsuipc7-now-available-for-developers-and-advanced-users-only/

https://flightsim.to/d/andhog/persistentcrj

(The upload to flightsim.to is pending at the moment, but hopefully it will be available soon. If you don't want to wait you can download it from my box: https://app.box.com/s/mmeckwkr4gabqpvdaq5ms8fh7evvqgfu. That link will be removed once it's available on flightsim.to)

• 2 weeks later...

I was wanting exactly this to make the checks actually worthwhile. Is it possible to include an option to limit the number of random change though ...ie make it more realistic, where just one or two random switches are in the wrong place, rather than some kids having run riot on the flight deck :) 

4 hours ago, Blood_Monarch said:

I was wanting exactly this to make the checks actually worthwhile. Is it possible to include an option to limit the number of random change though ...ie make it more realistic, where just one or two random switches are in the wrong place, rather than some kids having run riot on the flight deck :)

If you look at the file lvars.ini there's a section called [Randomize] with a list of the controls that are to be randomized. You can comment away those you don't want included by putting a ; at the beginning of the line.

6 hours ago, Blood_Monarch said:

OK.. thanks, is there a way though that I can add something to the file to make it 'randomly' choose say, two, out of the list to randomize?

Nope, but that's a feature that shouldn't be too hard to implement. I'll put it in the backlog so stay tuned 🙂

Love the idea of this plug in, especially the randomizer concept. 

Unfortunately, I had several issues when attempting to use it (latest version):

• The Randomizer option appears to have created some failures which I am unable to reset via the cockpit or ipad menu's
  • One such failure was that every warning light (e.g. engine start, apu start, yaw dampers, terrain warning systems, well, everything) on the upper and lower panels and glareshield was activated, and could not be deactivated. Maybe there's a test switch for 'test everything') that was stuck on, but if so, I couldn't find it.
  • Attempting to use the 'cold and dark' option after the above mayhem only reset certain things, many failure lights were still lit even with master power being off
  • The only way I was able to get back to cold and dark was by resetting the flight.

I'll try a few more times, but it looks like it's a little buggy at least with my setup.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived