Thrustmaster TCA Throttle Sensitivity

Hi

Does anyone have any tips on throttle settings?  I'm finding it basically impossible to manually control the throttle as its far too sensitive in the range between idle and the climb detent.  This is causing me to speed up or slow down way too much in cruise.

Thanks

With the default detents, it is very difficult, as the range is simply too small.

For me, there are two ways to make it work good enough:

1. Give up on the reverser function and also use that range for manual control (you can lock the reverser switches on the TCA quadrant). You can then put the reverser on a button. I used the right TOGA switch for that.

2. Move the detents higher up. This can be done e.g. with Realistic detents for Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant (ZRUW892G8) by hotbso (shapeways.com) or print it yourself with Thrustmaster TCA Detent Upgrade by StaceyAEH - Thingiverse. I have the latter and like it quite well. 

Of course you could even combine both for even greater range.

I don't have one of these, but I assume that the travel is too small so the throttle calibration screen in the EFB doesn't help enough?

It sounds like there might need to be a new key, increase/decrease detent. Then you can use the whole throttle axis for the manual range. Not perfect but there isn't much to be done if travel is limited I guess.

The more expensive options is to buy the Bravo 🙂 

Thanks for that, I will have a look into these options.

Everything is calibrated via the EFB and all the detents work perfectly, it's just the manual range which I am finding far too sensitive.  Does anyone know what the CLB/CRZ gap section is and what this changes?

Thanks

Looks like those modded detent pieces will cost a fortune to ship over to the UK.  Anyone know of a good 3D printing place in the UK?

It is linear in the MSFS controller settings.  I'm not entirely sure what is does, but I am playing around with the CLB/CRZ gap to see if that helps.  The biggest problem I am having is moving the throttle to a position which allows for a reasonably steady speed in cruise.  Where I need the throttle to be causes the TCA quadrant to want to snap in to the CLB detent.

Archived