Greetings all.  As I set up my Alpha yoke and Bravo quadrant I am experiencing some issues. I have followed the YouTube tutorials,  I disabled all simulator defaults and loaded the 747 QOTS profiles downloaded into P3D.  Latest version of V5, latest version of the Config utility.  In P3D starting with the Bravo I made sure all axis assignments were deleted and configured the speed brake, all four thrust levers and the flap lever.  Thrust levers 2, 3, and 4 operate as they should but for some reason the #1 reverse lever is up and I can't get it to go down.  Additionally I deleted all axis assignments on the Alpha and just started with the ailerons and elevator.  They work fine on the yoke; however, when I move the speed brake lever the yoke moves through the elevator axis and when I move the #1 thrust lever the ailerons roll through their axis.

I see that the axes mapped are the same (X and Y) between the yoke and quadrant but assumed that the sim knew the difference between the two input devices.  Any help would be appreciated.  Glad the real aircraft isn't this challenging!

Regards,

David Rosenblum

David,

generally the simulator is not that smart, unless the device explicitly names the axes for the intended purpose. Since the Bravo Throttle Quadrant only tells Windows that is has 6 axes, but provides no purpose for them, P3D will assign a default set, which usually includes (again) elevators, ailerons, rudder, and throttle. So it is always best to verify that whatever Prepar3D has chosen for you will match your intentions.

Please note that Prepar3D will not provide aircraft-specific profiles, so if you set everything up for the 747 and then load a twin-engine jet, the assignments will possibly again not match your expectations. FSUIPC is often used to add this flexibility.

Cheers,

Bert Laverman

+

Thanks for the input, Bert.  I suspected that was the case.  Until now I have used the Logitech yoke and quadrant and at least those do not evidence this conflict.  I had them configured through FSUIPC and was under the impression that with the Alpha and Bravo all could be accomplished through the Honeycomb Configuration application.  I did remove all axis assignments in both before I started.  Eventually once I got this set up for the 747 I'd move on to different configurations for other aircraft but for now I'm just trying to complete a flight I bid for in GCVA.  Hopefully a remedy will present itself.

Regards,

David Rosenblum

• 2 weeks later...

Can you share your Prepar3D control mapping and FSUIPC config? The first is stored in "C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls\Standard.xml", but there is also a button named "Export" in Prepar3D that you can use to make a copy. The "FSUIPC6.ini" file is in the installation directory of FSUIPC.

Please login to display this image.

Ok,

starting with the Prepar3D settings, you have a lot of devices in there, and (apart from the keyboard) they all define axes:

• A single Honeycomb set:
    • Alpha Flight Controls {1900294B-0010-0001-A945-9A55E23F5B1E}
    • Bravo Throttle Quadrant {1901294B-0105-0001-FA78-ED87325A89E3}
  • Two sets of Saitek Pro-Flight controls:
    • Set 1:
      • Saitek Pro Flight Yoke {113A4BD0-42E4-11E8-8001-444553540000}
      • Saitek Pro Flight Quadrant {862B1FF0-42E4-11E8-8002-444553540000}
      • Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals {BC87B5F0-3C9E-11E8-8003-444553540000}
    • Set 2:
      • Saitek Pro Flight Yoke {0BAC06A3-0304-0000-0000-000000000000}
      • Saitek Pro Flight Quadrant {0C2D06A3-0202-0000-0000-000000000000}
      • Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals {076306A3-0101-0000-0000-000000000000}
  • A collection of Thrustmaster controls:
    • Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller (root) {E2F999D0-3CA1-11E8-8006-444553540000}
    • Joystick - HOTAS Warthog {44B0B930-3C9B-11E8-8001-444553540000}
    • Throttle - HOTAS Warthog {59940370-3C9B-11E8-8002-444553540000}
  • Two sets of Airbus controls:
    • Set 1:
      • T.A320 Pilot {FF6DAA20-7443-11EB-8002-444553540000}
      • TCA Q-Eng 1&amp;2 {E5819E00-7443-11EB-8001-444553540000}
    • Set 2:
      • T.A320 Pilot {0405044F-0200-0001-D6B5-020000000000}
      • TCA Q-Eng 1&amp;2 {0407044F-0200-0001-F752-B14FE92FAAAA}

Anyway, Prepar3D seems to have assignments for both your Honeycomb devices. For the Bravo, the assignments are:

<SimControls.Map>
        <Name>Bravo Throttle Quadrant {1901294B-0105-0001-FA78-ED87325A89E3}</Name>
        <Axis>
            <AxName>XAxis</AxName>
            <Index>0</Index>
            <AxEvent>AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET</AxEvent>
            <AxScale>-127</AxScale>
            <AxNull>1</AxNull>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
            <AxName>YAxis</AxName>
            <Index>1</Index>
            <AxEvent>AXIS_SPOILER_SET</AxEvent>
            <AxScale>127</AxScale>
            <AxNull>1</AxNull>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
            <AxName>ZAxis</AxName>
            <Index>2</Index>
            <AxEvent>AXIS_FLAPS_SET</AxEvent>
            <AxScale>-64</AxScale>
            <AxNull>64</AxNull>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
            <AxName>RxAxis</AxName>
            <Index>3</Index>
            <AxEvent>AXIS_THROTTLE4_SET</AxEvent>
            <AxScale>-127</AxScale>
            <AxNull>1</AxNull>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
            <AxName>RyAxis</AxName>
            <Index>4</Index>
            <AxEvent>AXIS_THROTTLE3_SET</AxEvent>
            <AxScale>-127</AxScale>
            <AxNull>1</AxNull>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
            <AxName>RzAxis</AxName>
            <Index>5</Index>
            <AxEvent>AXIS_THROTTLE2_SET</AxEvent>
            <AxScale>-127</AxScale>
            <AxNull>1</AxNull>
        </Axis>
        <POV>
            <Index>0</Index>
            <Down>PAN_VIEW</Down>
            <DownRpt>1</DownRpt>
        </POV>
    </SimControls.Map>

So, you have Spoilers, four throttles, and flaps assigned here.

Now FSUIPC:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
2=Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
2.GUID={BC87B5F0-3C9E-11E8-8003-444553540000}
0=Bravo Throttle Quadrant
0.GUID={2E5C74B0-8D85-11EB-8001-444553540000}
1=Alpha Flight Controls
1.GUID={3C1332B0-8D85-11EB-8002-444553540000}

FSUIPC knows about your rudder pedals and the two Honeycomb devices, the Bravo being device 0, the Alpha device 1, and the rudder pedals device 2. The axis assignments are:

[Axes]
PollInterval=10
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=0X,256,D,1,0,0,0	-{ DIRECT: Aileron }-
1=0Y,256,D,2,0,0,0	-{ DIRECT: Elevator }-
2=1Z,256,D,4,0,0,0	-{ DIRECT: Throttle }-
3=1R,256,D,5,0,0,0	-{ DIRECT: PropPitch }-
4=2X,256,D,7,0,0,0	-{ DIRECT: LeftBrake }-
5=2Y,256,D,8,0,0,0	-{ DIRECT: RightBrake }-
6=2R,256,D,3,0,0,0	-{ DIRECT: Rudder }-

So, FSUIPC does Aileron and Elevator on the Bravo ("0X" and "0Y"),  Throttle and PropPitch ("1Z" and "1R") on the Alpha, and Rudder with Toe-brakes ("2R", "2X", and "2Y") on the Saitek Pedals.

So, you have double assignments, and they are indeed in conflict. Quickest way out is to remove the FSUIPC assignments, as they do the wrong thing. (Aileron and Elevator on the Bravo, Throttle and PropPitch on the Alpha) Just remove the 7 lines assigning axes in the "[Axes]" section. The lines for the Rudder Pedals are duplicates from the Prepar3D definitions anyway, so you don't need those either. I do not know how the current assignments got into FSUIPC.

Now for the way forward: if you want to use FSUIPC's profiles to have aircraft-specific assignments, then start by removing the assignments in Prepar3D, and re-assign them in FSUIPC. This takes a bit more work and puzzling, but will allow you to use the middle two axes for the 737 throttles, and the middle four on a 747. However, this has nothing to do with the Honeycomb Configurator.

Cheers,

Bert

Well, after deleting the standard.xml and FSUIPC6.ini files and rerunning the Configuration Utility the Alpha and Bravo are both working...for the most part.  Everything, levers, switches, buttons and lights, is working well on the Bravo.  The axes and panel switches on the Alpha are functioning however none of the buttons on the yoke or the hat switch appear to be working.  This is after disabling P3D's defaults, downloading and activating the 747 QOTSII profiles and loading them within P3D.  So some more work is required on my part it seems.  But thank you again for your assistance Bert!

• Aerosoft

Hi David:

glad you are moving into the correct direction. Regarding the hat switch: we don't handle that in the profiles, as it is technically not really a "simple" button, so if you want to use it, you can assign it via the P3D controls menu.

1 hour ago, BenBaron said:

Hi David:

glad you are moving into the correct direction. Regarding the hat switch: we don't handle that in the profiles, as it is technically not really a "simple" button, so if you want to use it, you can assign it via the P3D controls menu.

Thanks Ben!  Is that true of the other yoke buttons as well?

• Aerosoft
vor 12 Stunden , David Rosenblum sagte:

Thanks Ben!  Is that true of the other yoke buttons as well?

David...the rest of the buttons is supposed to work, if you have downloaded, imported and activated the distinct Alpha Profile from our downloads section. Wait: you are saying that the Master, Avionics and Light Switches are working...but the ones directly mounted to the Yoke, like trims and AP disconnect, do not? Do they work if you assign them directly to a function via P3Ds control menu?

16 hours ago, BenBaron said:

David...the rest of the buttons is supposed to work, if you have downloaded, imported and activated the distinct Alpha Profile from our downloads section. Wait: you are saying that the Master, Avionics and Light Switches are working...but the ones directly mounted to the Yoke, like trims and AP disconnect, do not?

That is correct, Ben, precisely as you say.  The buttons and switches on the yoke do  not work and are not even "seen" by the system.  I just re-downloaded the QOTSII mapping, activated it within P3Dv5, and selected "show mapping" while testing the yoke.  The panel switches work and show their mapping across the top in the green band; none of the buttons or switches on the yoke itself do.  Opening the control menu and selecting Calibrate | Game Controllers | Alpha Flight Controls | Properties and exercising the various buttons, switches and hat switch, the panel switches show their operation but none of the switches or buttons or the hat switch reflect their operation.

Correction:  although most of the panel switches work only the "OFF" and "R" positions on the ignition switch reflect their operation; the "L," "BOTH" and "START" do not.  The only buttons that work are 13 through 32; 1 through 12 never do.

16 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Do they work if you assign them directly to a function via P3Ds control menu?

As the system apparently does not even "see" them they do not.  I tried it with the hat switch as well and P3D doesn't even know it exists.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Try disconnecting and reconnecting the short curly cord between the yoke and base and see if it helps. Also, check in the Windows Control Panel/Devices and Printers applet to see if it reads the yoke buttons.

21 minutes ago, Herman said:

Try disconnecting and reconnecting the short curly cord between the yoke and base and see if it helps. Also, check in the Windows Control Panel/Devices and Printers applet to see if it reads the yoke buttons.

We have a winner!  I suppose the cord was not properly seated.  All switches, buttons and the hat switch work properly apart from the aforementioned "L," "BOTH" and "START" on the ignition switch.  Definitely making progress!  Thank you for the suggestion Herman!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived