Attempting to assign buttons to increase/decrease target altitude in the AP - no success

Friends, I've been trying without success to map commands to increase/decrease target altitude in the autopilot so I don't have to adjust my view on climb out.  I've not been successful.  I've tried the AP Alt Var Inc/Dec commands with no luck.  The similar command worked fine for airspeed. 

Suggestions?

I've tried both in FSUIPC and in the MSFS controls section.  Neither the key commands nor button mapping to my Warthog stick work. 

Thanks!

Colin Ware

It is known to work with both Lorby's AxisAndOhs or spad.next. Look in this forum - there are plenty of post about this topic.

You might also get FSUIPC to work. Check out this post:

WASM Module + Client API for MSFS / FSUIPC7 now available (for developers and advanced users only!) - Announcements - The simFlight Network Forums

18 hours ago, ryakovishin said:

Like they answered me to the same question... Just need to put in extra programs that, by the way, are paid...LOL

Yep Lord knows we shouldn't have to pay for a program that does what we want it to do! It is far better to just sit at the controls and hope something good will happen.  Stupid capitalist making stuff that works then wanting us to pay for it.

9 hours ago, HighFlyer51 said:

It is known to work with both Lorby's AxisAndOhs or spad.next. Look in this forum - there are plenty of post about this topic.

You might also get FSUIPC to work. Check out this post:

WASM Module + Client API for MSFS / FSUIPC7 now available (for developers and advanced users only!) - Announcements - The simFlight Network Forums

which of the first two is the easiest? really want to map altitude and vs speed to my racing wheel.. i use that as a button box as it has a lot of buttons and rotary wheels and switches..

works fine in all aircraft apart from this one, would it be easy to set that up in spad.next for instance?

I have used both and I would say that spad.next is somewhat easier to use. That said, I am currently mainly using AxisAndOhs, because I like how the RPN scripts work.

AxisAndOhs is pretty straightforward if you already have the required scripts. I have attached my latest versions of the CRJ scripts, so you can give it a try. I think you can try to map the first things using the free demo.

Import those using the menu Scripting -> Import Scripts. Then add a assigned button and you should be able to see the scripts in the assignable events.

CRJ AxisAndOhsScripts.xml

14 hours ago, HighFlyer51 said:

I have used both and I would say that spad.next is somewhat easier to use. That said, I am currently mainly using AxisAndOhs, because I like how the RPN scripts work.

AxisAndOhs is pretty straightforward if you already have the required scripts. I have attached my latest versions of the CRJ scripts, so you can give it a try. I think you can try to map the first things using the free demo.

Import those using the menu Scripting -> Import Scripts. Then add a assigned button and you should be able to see the scripts in the assignable events.

CRJ AxisAndOhsScripts.xml 11.35 kB · 5 downloads

Hello, may I know what command mapping you used for the Altitude ? I'm using Pollypot software and it is not recognizes the ROTARY ALT -> AP_ALT_ VAR_ INC and DEC. This Keyboard mapping seems to be not implemented. My Honeycomb Bravo has the same issue. 

Regards,

Francesco

18 hours ago, HighFlyer51 said:

CRJ AxisAndOhsScripts.xml 11.35 kB · 6 downloads

Tnx for the reply, axis and ohs keeps crashing on me, so after a couple of videos and trying i kind of got what i wanted with lcars on spad.next.. only my altitude increases and decreases by 1500 when i use my rotary wheel. It is a start at least.

9 hours ago, David Danser said:

Tnx for the reply, axis and ohs keeps crashing on me, so after a couple of videos and trying i kind of got what i wanted with lcars on spad.next.. only my altitude increases and decreases by 1500 when i use my rotary wheel. It is a start at least.

I will have a video up on what LVARs to use with Spad.Next for AP and other events....

1 hour ago, LesOReilly said:

I will have a video up on what LVARs to use with Spad.Next for AP and other events....

awesome - I've been trying to setup my goflight hardware with spad and through the guesswork of LVARs I have some working but not much lol - i'm basically just trying each command at a time and seeing if any work! Look forward to this.

3 minutes ago, JoseNunoz said:

awesome - I've been trying to setup my goflight hardware with spad and through the guesswork of LVARs I have some working but not much lol - i'm basically just trying each command at a time and seeing if any work! Look forward to this.

Video is up :) ... I did take longer than some of the others so that I could walk people through the way you have to control it....  Will be helpful for some of the other parts of the CRJ as well.  I also wanted to make sure that the buttons and knobs in the VC moved so you hear the clicks and sounds.  

9 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

Video is up :) ... I did take longer than some of the others so that I could walk people through the way you have to control it....  Will be helpful for some of the other parts of the CRJ as well.  I also wanted to make sure that the buttons and knobs in the VC moved so you hear the clicks and sounds.  

do you have a link to the video ? 😬

vor 1 hour , SimWare sagte:

There is Axis and Ohs : 
https://axisandohs.weebly.com/

Sure and I’m using it to interface the xtouch to different cockpit layout and planes. It perfect for that issue when you already know the different variables. A monitor like included in spad.next would make life a bit easier.

3 hours ago, FreightDawg said:

Cant assign lights either 🤬

Sure you can .. using the same LVAR Method ... I also have a video posted that shows how to get started working with LVARs in Spad next with the switch panel.  Additionally I have published both a Switch panel and a Alpha Yoke with "as close to matching"  events...  Same way you get the Multipanel in my Autopilot video you get the others....

1 hour ago, LesOReilly said:

Sure you can .. using the same LVAR Method ... I also have a video posted that shows how to get started working with LVARs in Spad next with the switch panel.  Additionally I have published both a Switch panel and a Alpha Yoke with "as close to matching"  events...  Same way you get the Multipanel in my Autopilot video you get the others....    ok thx i found your youtube channel 

21 hours ago, Anthony Sonstein said:

This sounds like pilot error, you are climbing much too slow and you'll never recover once you get under the curve.  You should be speed climb at the 250kt limit or close to it, I usually do 245kts up to 10k, and then you should adjust speed to climb at 290-320kts up to your cruise altitude.

Works like a Charm Anthony 

• Aerosoft

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived