How to set up a change of altitude (increasing \ reduction) on autopilot on my controller and change course ?

Hi ALL,

I can not configure the change in the altitude of the autopilot (ALT mode). The settings on which in the remaining autopilot airplanes correctly changes the altitude, do not work on CRJ. Very uncomfortable to wind the knob of Alt change, especially when the airplane maneuver, I want to configure this feature on the joystick button.

The same question on setting up the course (not heading) (rate change handle  on the CDU) - I do not bind this feature to my joystick.

For example, the speed function and the variometer set up without problems. I will be grateful if you tell me.

Below in the screenshot is the parameter that I exhibit and it does not work on my joystick

Please login to display this image.

Most FCU function cannot be bound to controller within MSFS itself. It is possible via so called LVARs and 3rd party application such as Lorbys AxisAndOhs or spad.next. There are already several topics in this forum discussion how this works.

I understand that I have acquired a payment model of the plane and you're suggesting that I spend more money on third-party programs so I can fully use the model of the plane acquired? And you're not gonna fix that? You don't think that nuances should be warned in advance of customers. It's a trick.

I just informed you about possible ways to achieve what you want. I am in no way affiliated with Aerosoft - only a customer of the CRJ trying to helpful.

Apart from that, the fact that 3rd party addons are required is pretty standard for advanced aircraft. MSFS has quite some limitations that make it impossible to rely purely on internal bindings for advanced planes.

• Aerosoft
On 28.3.2021 at 10:58, HighFlyer51 sagte:

I just informed you about possible ways to achieve what you want. I am in no way affiliated with Aerosoft - only a customer of the CRJ trying to helpful.

Apart from that, the fact that 3rd party addons are required is pretty standard for advanced aircraft. MSFS has quite some limitations that make it impossible to rely purely on internal bindings for advanced planes.

Indeed.
The way addons interface with the hardware depends on the Flight Simulator internal interfacing possibilities offered to the addons developpers.

Also, the harware manufacturers are responsible of writing drivers to interface with different aircraft.

In the case of the CRJ, we offer extended interface capabilities via the L-Vars (see the list below)
There are many ways to acces these LVars. Some are payware, some are not.

CRJ-LVARS.txt

On 3/27/2021 at 4:59 PM, ryakovishin said:

I understand that I have acquired a payment model of the plane and you're suggesting that I spend more money on third-party programs so I can fully use the model of the plane acquired? And you're not gonna fix that? You don't think that nuances should be warned in advance of customers. It's a trick.

Or don’t spend anything and fly the default aircraft with the default controller settings and all the default limitations. Your choice.  You don’t seem to realize that the additional program you get will work for other aircraft released later.  Or again just fly default. Choice is a good thing. 

• Aerosoft

The direct simulator interfacing capabilities will depend on what the simulator offers and the system requirement of an addon..
Sometimes, the interface is apparently available but the way the simulator intercepts some values and data make the use of it impossible in an addon

simply for system reasons.
So, the function appears in the simulator interface but does not "connect" to the addon.

There is a trade of between addon complexity/realism and standard interfacing capability.
That is what Carbby said.

The other thing people need to remember is that these complex aircraft operate in a "sandbox" as has been stated by AS many times.  This means it is a sim within a sim using MSFS for places to take off and land on and things to see. As such, you have to move your controller configuration out of one sim and into another or suffer the drawbacks.  It is that simple.  Cause and effect and we get to control the causes.

• Aerosoft

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived