TCA Throttle - manual throttle problems

8 hours ago, SimWare said:

Hello Uncle Bob,

Can you simply check in the standard Windows calibration utilityif the fluctuation is also visible ?
Just go in the Settings -> Calibrate mode, check Display raw data, and see if the 

rax data values are fluctuating more than 1 point.
If this is the case, the hardware may have electrical noise.

Thanks for answering and yes, it shows the fluctuating in the windows calibration of the x52 unit. Is it ruined? :)

• Aerosoft
vor 9 Stunden , Uncle Bob sagte:

Thanks for answering and yes, it shows the fluctuating in the windows calibration of the x52 unit. Is it ruined? :)

Well, it depends how much, of course, but bottom line is

if it fluctualtes, the simulator sees this as a pilot-commanded input and acts accordingly.
It cannot make the difference between a signal induced by an electrical spike or noise and a physical movement of the lever.
It is all about voltage change converted to digital and sent to the computer.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I have the same problem. To visualize I have recorded a video (5+ min) with all modes of TCA using.

Fluctuation of throttles is only in simulation, using CRJ. No fluctuation neither in win settings nor in ingame settings nor with another craft (320neo for example)....

Hope for Aerosoft help, cause CRJ is so cool, but very hard to fly with this problem.

Thank you.

TCA + CRJ throttle problems video

@InterSky I usually map my throttle via FSUIPC and never had any issues at all. Due to your video, I became curious and mapped my TCA throttle via MSFS directly - and I can confirm that it behaved weird. Not as bad as in your video, but really erratic. 

I hope that Aerosoft will be able to pinpoint and fix this in one of the upcoming updates, but, if you happen to have FSUIPC7 (or potentially also other 3rd party software), I would suggest to map your throttle via such an external tool in the meanwhile. Works absolutely flawless for me.

28 minutes ago, HighFlyer51 said:

@InterSky I usually map my throttle via FSUIPC and never had any issues at all. Due to your video, I became curious and mapped my TCA throttle via MSFS directly - and I can confirm that it behaved weird. Not as bad as in your video, but really erratic. 

I hope that Aerosoft will be able to pinpoint and fix this in one of the upcoming updates, but, if you happen to have FSUIPC7 (or potentially also other 3rd party software), I would suggest to map your throttle via such an external tool in the meanwhile. Works absolutely flawless for me.

Thank you, I'll try FSUPIC

Having this very same issue. On an old ch yoke (with noise) and a brand new throttle from macbare cockpits (Brazilian made), which is working flawlessly both in windows configuration and every other simulators (x-plane, msfs plenty of other aircraft). Yes, the graphical movement of the throttle is perfect, no signal of noise, but N1 is horrible to set especially in cruise and descending.

I'm, at this moment, not using crj anymore, if I knew these kind of bugs would take so long to fix, wouldn't buy.

On 4/29/2021 at 3:06 PM, Nickneo said:

I'm, at this moment, not using crj anymore

Same on my side, throttle issues, I don't see the point, I have no joy flying it.

From this point on, I will wait a couple of month, when multiple reviews and feedback are out, before buying any new Aerosoft addons.

• 1 month later...

@Mathijs Kok I am afraid there is indeed a problem with the product. I am aslo experiencing throttle issues which make the aircraft unusable. I am using the T16000 joystick, throttle and rudder pedals. Never had any issue with the CRJ until the recent update. My symptoms are firstly, the throttle quaderant doesnt move in the cockpit. secondly after start up from cold and dark when I try to advance the throttle the throttle on N1 advances asymmetrically then fluctuates like crazy between 40-60% N1. I have never had this issue before and there is absolutelty nothing wrong with my peripherals. So please investigate this if you can as there is most certainly a problem with the CRJ.

Please do not ignore your customers. I would encourage you to also look at the flight simulator forums as well where a lot of people are having the same problem. I t would be good if there could be some kind of acknowledgement. I really love this aircraft and its really frustrating not being able to fly it.

2 hours ago, Scott Thackrey said:

Please do not ignore your customers. I would encourage you to also look at the flight simulator forums as well where a lot of people are having the same problem. I t would be good if there could be some kind of acknowledgement. I really love this aircraft and its really frustrating not being able to fly it.

I'll be here while you have time to search about your problem on this forum.  This will provide you with the ability to help yourself.  I'll check back later and see how it went and if need be copy and paste links that are available by doing a bit of searching and reading based on your problem.  Happily I can report that if you do this, your problem will go away.

• 3 weeks later...

@Crabby I have been flying the aircraft perfectly well up until the recent update which cause the bug experienced by some. I can confirm that this bug seems to be fixed and is no longer an issue. My original frustration was that Aerosoft were blaming the users for not understanding the AC. This is not the case and was a genuine bug. I understand that many of the complex aircraft results in user error causing many of the problems. The PMDG DC-6 is a good example of this (an amazing aircraft by the way) when I peruse the MSFS forums. Rest assured that I would not post in forums like this until I have ensured that there is nothing I am doing incorrectly. I am a pilot in real life, and as such I research the systems and procedures of all the complex aircraft I buy for MSFS to get the most out of them. I am not somone who just posts nonsesnse in forums as its totally counter productive and wastes the time of those forum users who dedicate their own personal time to help people.

Archived