TCA Throttle - manual throttle problems

Firstly, this is my first Aerosoft aircraft purchase, and it really is an amazing aircraft so thank you to the team for it.

Secondly, as so many others are saying, I'm having problems with the TCA throttle. My detents are absolutely fine, they match up with my actual throttle and the in-game throttle. The problems I am having is when changing the manual thrust. I apologise for having to type this and not having a video/images (I am not very technical) so I will try and keep the explanation of my problem simple.

I am in cruise. I need to slow down as I'm going too fast. My N1 is currently at 84. I am in the manual throttle position already. I pull back on the throttle quadrants. My N1 goes immediately down to 72 then back up to and settles at 83 on its own. I have not lost enough speed, so I repeat the process of pulling back on the throttles, this time even further. The N1 drops to 67 and then goes back up to 78 on its own. Why is it immediately dropping before immediately increasing again? Is this normal CRJ behaviour?

Conversely, when speeding up I notice even more bizarre behaviour. So this previous N1 of 78 has slowed me down but this time I have gone too slow (which is fine, I completely understand it has no autothrottle and constantly needs readjusting). But, when I advance the throttles forward, instead of the N1 going up from 78 it actually drops again on its own, in this case to 65 and then it goes up to 80 on its own. This isn't fixing my too slow problem, so I advance even further this time. Yet again, N1 drops to 66 and then advances to 82.

Why is this drop in N1 before increasing again happening?

I have followed the below tutorial by SimWare but don't seem to be getting anywhere.
Note:
- I have both my axis on THROTTLE 1 AXIS and THROTTLE 2 AXIS (and NOT the 0 to 100% axis)
- My throttle type is DUAL AXIS on the Calibrate Throttle menu
- My Reverser Axis is ON  
- I have 'set' all detents fine 

• Aerosoft

The N1 fluctiation issue will be addressed in the next update due to be released soon.
The reactivity of the throttle to the control input will be adjusted. 

1 hour ago, SimWare said:

The N1 fluctiation issue will be addressed in the next update due to be released soon.

Thank you SimWare. Relieved to know it isn't something I am doing wrong!

It looks like the Aerosoft guys are on it which is great because it's definitely a nuisance and no, the real plane definitely doesn't do that. Although I'll admit that trying to set an exact N1 setting on the RJ has always been a pain. Maybe it's better on the FADEC-equipped planes but on the 200 it was always a chore to set the N1 to an exact amount. 

On 3/27/2021 at 12:52 PM, SimWare said:

If you mean update 1.0.0.1 then I still have this issue. N1 tanks when ever I touch the throttle. This Issue seems to be even worse on my thrustmaster TCA then it was on my Saitek x52 pro.

On 27.3.2021 at 17:52, SimWare sagte:

... well as mentioned before this issue has NOT been fixed by latest patch....

Cheers

Philipp

• Aerosoft
On 30.3.2021 at 10:23, Philipp Wichert sagte:

... well as mentioned before this issue has NOT been fixed by latest patch....

Cheers

Philipp

Hi,

The developer is advised of the issue and will take the proper measures.
It has been somewhat corrected with the first update.
We keep investigating to be able to further address the issue in a future update.

• Aerosoft
Vor 1 Stunde, Yvan Duong sagte:

Can confirm issue still persistent post update

Indeed.

As I said, we keep investigating to be able to further address the issue in a future update.

I bought it from Microsoft so I guess no sense buying anything from the market place. NO SUPPORT
Also checked the throttle advance for all other aircraft Max = 100%
Aerosoft CRJ the throttle only advances to Max = 77%
Therefore the CRJ throttle interpretation from Microsoft does not work correctly.
Could be only the Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG?

In any case the CRJ is in the hanger. How can you get airborne on a 6000 foot runway with 77% Power that also fluctuates up and down like a YOYO?

Waiting to hear from Microsoft or Aerosoft

Disappointed is an understatement.

I just did the CRJ update and they say Throttle improvement?
I have a Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Throttle does not work.
Even after the update.
Using the default throttle setup power only goes to 70% max
Copying the throttle and calling it the HOTAS Throttle CRJ and making the following adjustments:
Throttle 1 Axis , Throttle 2 Axis same problem max 70% and it jitters between 70%-79% max?
Setting it up as a single throttle only using Throttle Axis same problem as before.
NO PROBLEM WITH ANY OTHER AIRCRAFT?
It will be put back in the hanger.  After spending 4 hours trying every possible solution (Very disappointed)

• Aerosoft
6 minutes ago, NineMile said:

It will be put back in the hanger.  After spending 4 hours trying every possible solution (Very disappointed)

I am sorry you are disappointed, but it simply does work fine on my system. The Warthog throttle is a very basic potentiometer system and unless it has an issue there is no reason why it should not work. It simply has to be a setting or a driver.

Latest Driver from Thrustmaster.

As far as settings? Why does the throttle work with every other aircraft?

Why does Aerosoft admit that they have a throttle problem in their update?

Why does the Throttle only advance to 70% at Max power when using the CRJ?

Your response is too basic without any explanation of the above.

If you are still in the process of trying to fix the issue just admit it.

I have no problem waiting for the solution.

Thank You

I would just like to add the following information: I am a private pilot single and multi engine aircraft.

I have been using flight sim software since 1982.

I have been a Beta Tester for Microsoft and others.

Please don't address me like I don't know what I am talking about.

Thank You

• Aerosoft
Vor 1 Stunde, NineMile sagte:

I would just like to add the following information: I am a private pilot single and multi engine aircraft.

I have been using flight sim software since 1982.

I have been a Beta Tester for Microsoft and others.

Please don't address me like I don't know what I am talking about.

Thank You

Dear Sir,
Nobody puts your competencies and knowledge in doubt. No worry...
About the fact you can only reach 70% of the throttle power, I have a couple of questions : 

1 - Are the levers in the simulator moving (graphically) to the maximum or do they also stop at 70%

while the Warthog levers are at the max. In other words, is there a a discrepancy between the position

of the Warthog levers and those of the sim ?

2 - Did you follow the EFB calibration procedures described here ?
      https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/161730-how-to-use-the-hotas-warthog-throttle-with-aerosoft-crj-550700/

3 - In MSFS, did you set the sensitivity curve of the throttle axes to linear ?

EDIT : Are you also sure that no default assignment related to mixture is left somewhere ?

Jets aircraft don't have mixure control fo course, but, as you may most likely know, 
           MSFS uses the mixture axis variable as  engine cutoff.
           So, if it is partially leaned, you may not be able to reach full power despite the levers are on the max position. 

• Aerosoft
vor 12 Stunden , UptownJones7 sagte:

I have the identical issue mentioned in this thread, using TCA throttle quadrant.

Hi UptownJones7,
Have you checked the questions asked above ?

Bought the crj and glad I did.

I use the old x52 throttle and when im in msfs options / controls and look at the sensitive tab and the indication bar clearly fluctuates. Thats inside msfs options and not the crj options under the throttle calibration. Makes me wonder if it is msfs that does this and maybe not the crj? I see the same fluctuation under the crj options throttle calibration. The numbers are fluctuating even when I dont touch the throttle. My point is it does this under the msfs options and throttle management when I look at the sensitiveness tab and it makes me think its maybe my x52 throttle or a throttle driver or msfs itself and not the crj. Any thoughts?

16 hours ago, SimWare said:

Dear Sir,
Nobody puts your competencies and knowledge in doubt. No worry...
About the fact you can only reach 70% of the throttle power, I have a couple of questions : 

1 - Are the levers in the simulator moving (graphically) to the maximum or do they also stop at 70%

while the Warthog levers are at the max. In other words, is there a a discrepancy between the position

of the Warthog levers and those of the sim ?

2 - Did you follow the EFB calibration procedures described here ?
      https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/161730-how-to-use-the-hotas-warthog-throttle-with-aerosoft-crj-550700/

3 - In MSFS, did you set the sensitivity curve of the throttle axes to linear ?

EDIT : Are you also sure that no default assignment related to mixture is left somewhere ?

Jets aircraft don't have mixure control fo course, but, as you may most likely know, 
           MSFS uses the mixture axis variable as  engine cutoff.
           So, if it is partially leaned, you may not be able to reach full power despite the levers are on the max position. 

Thank you for your reply you did not make the comments.

Now as to your questions:

1. The levers in the simulator are moving to the maximum they do not stop at 70%.

2. Followed the EFB calibration procedures as described.

3. Sensitivity curve of the throttle axes is set to linear.

4. No mixture assignment on any axes.

Additional information:

1. When I go to external view and watch my throttle setting that is were I see the 70% Power and it fluctuates up and down.

2. CYQA airport has a runway length of 6000 feet using the CRJ with flaps it is having a hard time taking off in that distance "showing lack off power"

3. As previously said no other aircraft is having this problem?

Thanks again for asking the correct questions.

• Aerosoft
vor 3 Stunden , Uncle Bob sagte:

Bought the crj and glad I did.

I use the old x52 throttle and when im in msfs options / controls and look at the sensitive tab and the indication bar clearly fluctuates. Thats inside msfs options and not the crj options under the throttle calibration. Makes me wonder if it is msfs that does this and maybe not the crj? I see the same fluctuation under the crj options throttle calibration. The numbers are fluctuating even when I dont touch the throttle. My point is it does this under the msfs options and throttle management when I look at the sensitiveness tab and it makes me think its maybe my x52 throttle or a throttle driver or msfs itself and not the crj. Any thoughts?

Hello Uncle Bob,

Can you simply check in the standard Windows calibration utilityif the fluctuation is also visible ?
Just go in the Settings -> Calibrate mode, check Display raw data, and see if the 

rax data values are fluctuating more than 1 point.
If this is the case, the hardware may have electrical noise.

• Aerosoft
vor 34 Minuten, NineMile sagte:

Thank you for your reply you did not make the comments.

Now as to your questions:

1. The levers in the simulator are moving to the maximum they do not stop at 70%.

2. Followed the EFB calibration procedures as described.

3. Sensitivity curve of the throttle axes is set to linear.

4. No mixture assignment on any axes.

Additional information:

1. When I go to external view and watch my throttle setting that is were I see the 70% Power and it fluctuates up and down.

2. CYQA airport has a runway length of 6000 feet using the CRJ with flaps it is having a hard time taking off in that distance "showing lack off power"

3. As previously said no other aircraft is having this problem?

Thanks again for asking the correct questions.

You say : 
The levers in the simulator are moving to the maximum they do not stop at 70%."
---> So the hardware isn't most likely the culprit.
        I will check with the software people what the reason of this can be.
        Maybe your post will be moved to a more appropriate part of the forum.

Archived