CRJ glued to the ground

Hello,

I hope I'm in the correct subforum.

Here is my problem: I installed the aircraft and followed the instructions to set-up my Honeycomb Throttle. All functions seem to work, all knobs and buttons are deleted from the profile. Only the throttles, the reversers and the gear and flap functions remain. I calibrated the throttle via the EFB as per instructions.

Yesterday I followed the tutorial, but at first the aircraft would't want to taxi. When switching the brake on and off a couple of times it suddenly worked. 

Today it did not. The aircraft would not move a millimeter, neither forward or back. The engines give thrust, the chocks are away. the brakes are released, but no movement of the aircraft. I left the Honeycomb profile for the CRJ and selected a GA plane. It moved right away.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Gunter

• Aerosoft

Dear Sir,

Can you check in the control assignments panel of Flight Simulator if no park brake assignement remains on ANY of the 

controls connected ?
In some circumstances, the park brake handle may be in the released position while an input still locks in underneath.

I checked that, the only thing is the . at the keyboard. Pressing the . on the keyboard sets an releases the brake. If I take it out, the problem stays on.

I did a complete uninstall, redownloaded the aircraft and installed it again. Now I have 2 good starts - the aircraft moved away from the gate and two, where the problem persists...

Go figure!

I did also re-install the crj but I am still facing the same issue (a/c glued to the ground).  I becomes frustrating... It is a fantastic aircraft but I would like to fly...  Currently I am spending most of the time in finding workaround solutions for a buggy Sim.  It seem like the Parking Brake does not release but the System tells it should be released. 

• Aerosoft

Snorre : 
To what button did you assign the Park Brake ?
Can you also show me the assignment in Flight Simulator ?
(screenshot)

check that active pause isnt engaged i did that earlier and i thought something was wrong with the plane as it wouldnt move but the engines were spooled up

• Aerosoft

Can you see the "parking brake on" announcement disapear ?
If it doesn't despite the parkbrake handle being in the released position, it mean there is still
an assignment to the park brake left somewhere.

Please login to display this image.

In my case the „Parking Brake Set“ Message on the EICAS Display is not visible. The Parking Brake was released by using the mouse on the handle in the cockpit. By intention I did remove all other assignments in order avoid causing any interference. 

I hope the CRJ Update will help....   Currently the CRJ is not usable, unfortunately.  Apparently only a few people are facing this issue - strange....

BR, Thomas

I'm having a similar issue as to what is mentioned, I can get the aircraft moving however the amount of throttle required to taxi is at times a bit excessive. This factor seems often exacerbated by bad weather. for example in the dry 40% throttle always seems adequate to get the aircraft moving more than fast enough however if it is in the wet, sometimes high 40s percent throttle is required to get the aircraft moving and when it is moving, reducing the throttle back below 40 will sometimes see the aircraft coming to a halt more or less. Its quite a minor thing and I'm happy with the aircraft apart from this but I haven't seen anyone else discussing taxiing issues until I stumbled across this thread. Have probably done double figures flights in this aircraft since release so feeling pretty competent with it these days however the taxiing does still feel a little inconsistent. 

P.S When will purchasers of the CRJ from the in game store get access to the newest update for the aircraft? 

Yes, I am in modern flight mode.  The Parking Brakes are off (no Eicas Message)   When I increase the throttle to MAX Power after some time the A/C is moving but the overheat indication will pop up after a while (surprise, so the brakes are still activated). The Update did not help. Is there any other option to remove the PB?  It is a fantastic plane to fly - this annoying problem must be easy to solve....  Thanks & regards, Thomas

• 2 weeks later...

Archived