Flight save & restore not supported ?

ACSoft

I made two MSFS save's with the meaning to be able to restart my training flight from different states. Made one just before takoff and the second just after reaching cruise level. Unfortunately, when trying to restore them, I got a "cold & dark" cockpit (my default setup), on the correct save location (so even in the sky). So, apparently, to save & restore a flight is actually not supported or did't I miss something ?

This is really sad, because with such a complex aircraft, having the opportunity to save & restore to redo specific parts of a flight, for obvious training purpose, would be really usefull, to not say mandatory.

Are-you going to implement that ?

• Developer

Use the Ready to Taxi option as default if you want the aircraft loading with running engines. That works well on ground. In the air the aircraft is not initialized completely as you saved it. My best experience is to use a manual flight situation which you can load up in the air. 

3 hours ago, metzgergva said:

Use the Ready to Taxi option as default if you want the aircraft loading with running engines. That works well on ground. In the air the aircraft is not initialized completely as you saved it. My best experience is to use a manual flight situation which you can load up in the air. 

I know all this, but sorry, this is NOT AT ALL a real solution. It is just a poor alternative, which allow you to not restart from the very beginning.

What I want, is to save my PARTICULAR flight with ALL MY PARTICULAR SETUPS, fightplan, etc... and continue my test journey from there.

This is something I was doing with my PMDG MD-11, already in the time of FS9, so, it is just a matter of willing.

Archived