Passenger cabin modelling

I'm still mulling over whether to buy this product.  But from looking at review videos it looks like the interior of the passenger cabin lets it down badly.  This is especially a shame given the great effort you have made on the flight deck.

If I didn't know better I would be wondering if you had re-used assets from FSX or P3D. 

Are there any plans to revisit this?

Not to speak on behalf of the modeller here, but I wouldn't hold your breath for this in the near future. 

The Dev team is working on the -900/-1000 to match the P3D offering, and then many more aircraft in the Aerosoft catalog that will eventually migrate over to MSFS. Cabin interior improvements, I can only assume, are not on a priority list given the challenges of developing aircraft within Asobo's ever-changing framework. 

Unfortunately, this isn't "Airline Passenger Simulator" 

Speaking as a real world pilot and beta tester of this, I can tell you the Devs are swamped making sure the virtual pilots are happy with the product from the cockpits' persoective, and it's going very well overall.

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Majick said:

I'm still mulling over whether to buy this product.  But from looking at review videos it looks like the interior of the passenger cabin lets it down badly.  This is especially a shame given the great effort you have made on the flight deck.

If I didn't know better I would be wondering if you had re-used assets from FSX or P3D. 

Are there any plans to revisit this?

If the quality of the cabin is a major issue for you I would not buy this product. We wanted to have something without spending to much polygons to save money. This in fact the first time we do an interior.

Better a good cabin like you have made, than no cabin and just flying a Cockpit with a big hole behind. I like that cabin, it is not the greatest and not the badest cabin. Its good. :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

"focus" is the magic word.

I myself focus on flying, means sitting in the cokpit and handle the aircraft. It is not my focus to walk through the cabin of an aircraft or the inner part of a terminal building.

So I have no problem flying with a "big hole" behind me as long as the modelled aircraft focus on the daily job of a pilot. And the days when it was standard that the pilot visited the cabin are long gone.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, as Mathijs said, if the cabin quality is of such importance to youu, then this is not the right product for you. For everything else ("few other things") you can ask questions or use the search function of the forum.

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Wouter Brinkman said:

Hi, just wanted to chime in,

Potential customer here but the cabin quality (among a few other things) is holding me back like OP.

In that case you will never enjoy any of our aircraft as we believe this is a simulator that allows you to fly the aircraft, not a simulator that allows you to simulate being a passenger (in a CRJ that would be the worst sim ever btw).

As I explained, only model the cabin because it is visible in certain angles, but we try to spend as little memory and GPU resources on it so we have more for the flight deck. 

On 3/29/2021 at 4:14 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

In that case you will never enjoy any of our aircraft as we believe this is a simulator that allows you to fly the aircraft, not a simulator that allows you to simulate being a passenger (in a CRJ that would be the worst sim ever btw).

As I explained, only model the cabin because it is visible in certain angles, but we try to spend as little memory and GPU resources on it so we have more for the flight deck. 

Excellent ! 🤣🤣

Archived