RNP/RNAV APPROACH

Hi,

First sorry for my English (I'm french)

How can I do an RNAV approach, is it the same procedure than an ILS approach: APPR arm and NAV SOURCE on LOC? (in my case the FMS never auto tune in loc mode, I have to do it with the source mode selector)

I do the RNP Z 19L approach on KLAS, but the plane can't follow anything,I have to do the approach on manual mode!!

What are the steps to do a RNAV approach with the CRJ?

I know that the plane is not able to follow the path in auto mode, I have to do with the VS.

Thank you.

RNAV doesn't auto-arm for me either. ILS auto-arms for me just fine. The Approach button won't connect either.

If we have to arm it manually then we would need to make sure it is using the GPS for vertical guidance and not the radios.

I'll read up on it and check that out tomorrow if I remember!

If you're going for an RNAV/LPV approach, you leave it in "White Needles", and can use APPR mode then. "Green Needles" is for conventional NAV only. 

28 minutes ago, A_Pilot said:

If you're going for an RNAV/LPV approach, you leave it in "White Needles", and can use APPR mode then. "Green Needles" is for conventional NAV only. 

I thought the CRJ wasn't able to follow vertical guidance on non precision approaches? so what's the point in using the APPR mode then?

For the planes without VNAV, on a RNAV non-precision approach without vertical guidance, both NAV and APPR will achieve the same result. 

Most pilots leave it in NAV since they're likely already in that lateral mode. 

3 minutes ago, A_Pilot said:

For the planes without VNAV, on a RNAV non-precision approach without vertical guidance, both NAV and APPR will achieve the same result. 

Most pilots leave it in NAV since they're likely already in that lateral mode. 

Have you tried in the sim with APPR mode active? I did that once and the AP went crazy. Plane started to pitch up and I had to disconnect the AP and fly manually. 

Haven’t tried again and I just NAV mode (white needles). 

2 minutes ago, curben said:

Have you tried in the sim with APPR mode active? I did that once and the AP went crazy. Plane started to pitch up and I had to disconnect the AP and fly manually. 

Haven’t tried again and I just NAV mode (white needle

I'll give it a shot

Archived