There is something wrong with the throttle mapping on this plane.

@LesOReilly Regarding Upper Idle and Lower Idle - isn't that what the Idle/Reverse Gap setting does?

You can increase this to a higher value and set your Idle setting a little above your throttles idle stop. Then, the engine will remain idle for configurable range on your throttle. At least it works like that for me - or maybe I misunderstood what you want to achieve with an upper and lower idle setting.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HighFlyer51 said:

@LesOReilly Regarding Upper Idle and Lower Idle - isn't that what the Idle/Reverse Gap setting does?

You can increase this to a higher value and set your Idle setting a little above your throttles idle stop. Then, the engine will remain idle for configurable range on your throttle. At least it works like that for me - or maybe I misunderstood what you want to achieve with an upper and lower idle setting.

I tried playing with that but it seems like it did not give me "enough range" it has a max cap to it..... he TCA is very sensitive and I just could not get it work as well as moving to the method I did in Spad Next with Ranges... 

will probably go and work on that a little bit more after they do their next update.  I might make even more custom ranges which would then possible work just fine with those..

Recieved my brand new Logitech x52 today, calibrated as per the instructions, and sadly i am seeing exactly the same issue, fluctuating values constantly. Switched back to the old thrustmaster no issues at all.

All other aircraft behave fine, including the A320NX dev build which also requires calibration before use.

This is starting to look like an issue with the FADEC. Every other plane is fine for me too including WT CJ4 and FBW A32NX. Both those hobbyist teams are way ahead of Aeorosoft with their custom autopilot, custom FMS, custom LNAV, custom VNAV, custom FADEC and custom ILS it would appear. At his point Aerosoft needs external help instead of releasing a CRJ 900/1000 that predictably will have the same problems. 

Aerosoft said they had a fix. When will it be released waited now for 4 month. They have my money but I do not have a working aircraft? I believe this will be the last purchase from Aerosoft I am writing it off as a bad decision. Using the CRJ 4 with the mod. Works like a charm.

3 hours ago, NineMile said:

I forgot this will be my last post on this forum. Have a great day Aerosoft

CYA later!  Have a nice day!

vor 7 Stunden , NineMile sagte:

Aerosoft said they had a fix. When will it be released waited now for 4 month. They have my money but I do not have a working aircraft? I believe this will be the last purchase from Aerosoft I am writing it off as a bad decision. Using the CRJ 4 with the mod. Works like a charm.

Sorry but how can you have been waiting for 4 months when the plane was released just 6 weeks ago?

Man I hope this supposed fix is coming soon.  Just pulled the CRJ out for the first time in a while and first time with a Bravo quadrant.  Every movement of the throttles one or the other jumps way down.  Like trying to reduce from 80% to say 70% to descend and one will drop to like 50% then works its way back up while the play yaws around.  Didn't have the issue or at least not as bad before on my 15 year old X52 throttle but that was only single axis as well.  Guess it's going back on the shelf for a bit after I land until the fix :(

Map the Axis using AAO/FSUIPC or Spad.Next and none of this is a problem...  Plus then you can access LVARs and control the autopilot and all other controls/switches in the plane...

I have zero issues with controls and can enjoy some great flights including doing KDEN to KSAN at FL380....  Also no Spoiler/flap phantom events...  Even let the sim sit in the ESC menu for 12 hours a few days ago just to see if it would trigger the issue.. nope..

2 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

Map the Axis using AAO/FSUIPC or Spad.Next and none of this is a problem... 

Like I said before, why spend money on software, to make a single payware addon works? My A32NX and CJ4 are working perfectly as of now

57 minutes ago, bendead said:

Like I said before, why spend money on software, to make a single payware addon works? My A32NX and CJ4 are working perfectly as of now

Apples and orangutans. 

7 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Apples and orangutans. 

Why. So you have control over how your controls operate and not how the sim or some developer thinks you want. 

Or don't and you will always be at three mercy of what others think you want and need.  Your choice and your results. Off you don't like them you will only have yourself to blame. 

1 hour ago, bendead said:

It's not for a single payware ...  the automatic Profile switching based on Aircraft alone is worth the price of entry...  There are plenty of events even for those that you mention that require access to LVARs or H:EVENTs to control them... especially as they are adding more depth to their custom Autopilot they can't use the standard events....

1 hour ago, Crabby said:

Why. So you have control over how your controls operate and not how the sim or some developer thinks you want. 

How the sim was develop about control, it's fine for me, I can bind switch to 99% of the actions I might use. But, if I start using customs panel and switches with a leonardo or FFB devices, I might think about it, but now, I just want my addon to fly well without extra payments

47 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

It's not for a single payware ...  the automatic Profile switching based on Aircraft alone is worth the price of entry...

Also, might be useful, but I only have 3 presets for my RCA throttle, as of now : Standard, CRJ, Quad engine. That's all I need.

• Deputy Sheriffs

LesOReilly and bendead, since everyone is back on track with each other, I hid the recent posts about downvoting to keep the thread on topic. I appreciate your attitudes.

I hope this gets fixed soon, i hate having my n1 drop as soon as i just touch the levers... that and we need some form of weather/train radar implemented soon, cant fly this aircraft at nights tbh can't see anything. 

• Aerosoft
6 minutes ago, Amir Shahvary said:

I hope this gets fixed soon, i hate having my n1 drop as soon as i just touch the levers... that and we need some form of weather/train radar implemented soon, cant fly this aircraft at nights tbh can't see anything. 

The pending update has solved this issue with most testers. The other two things are our of our control, it is simply not possible using C++ at this moment.

On 5/6/2021 at 8:23 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

The pending update has solved this issue with most testers. The other two things are our of our control, it is simply not possible using C++ at this moment.

Any idea when the next update will be available ?

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 minutes ago, Patill said:

Any idea when the next update will be available ?

Currently in Beta, no timeframe given.

On 5/2/2021 at 5:33 PM, bendead said:

How the sim was develop about control, it's fine for me, I can bind switch to 99% of the actions I might use. But, if I start using customs panel and switches with a leonardo or FFB devices, I might think about it, but now, I just want my addon to fly well without extra payments

How the sim was developed is for the planes included with the sim.  Complex addons like the AS CRJ and upcoming releases from PMDG et al, will outstrip what the sim is capable of doing.  Asobo will not be interested, nor should they be, in putting control systems in for each add on.  So again, your choice, everyone's choice is clear.  Complain here or to Asobo and keep getting the same response from people doing it the right way, or join in with people doing it the right way.  Again, I cannot speak to Spadnext or FSUIPC as I don't use them for complex aircraft controls and scripts, but Axis and Ohs works.  It works for all airplanes and it knows what airplane you are flying so you don't even have to remember to switch profiles.  You can do things to make stuff more realistic like turning on the nose light with the taxi lights.  Or complain.

On 5/8/2021 at 12:58 AM, Crabby said:

How the sim was developed is for the planes included with the sim.  Complex addons like the AS CRJ and upcoming releases from PMDG et al, will outstrip what the sim is capable of doing.  Asobo will not be interested, nor should they be, in putting control systems in for each add on.  So again, your choice, everyone's choice is clear.  Complain here or to Asobo and keep getting the same response from people doing it the right way, or join in with people doing it the right way.  Again, I cannot speak to Spadnext or FSUIPC as I don't use them for complex aircraft controls and scripts, but Axis and Ohs works.  It works for all airplanes and it knows what airplane you are flying so you don't even have to remember to switch profiles.  

Feels like we are in Groundhog Day, what are you trying to do over and over again, selling me some software. I gave my piece of mind in previous posts.

Aerosoft needed to adapt to the way MSFS throttles interact with addons, it's done, in beta now, might be delayed with SU later this month, we will see, I hope for a release in a couple of week max. 

On 5/8/2021 at 12:58 AM, Crabby said:

You can do things to make stuff more realistic like turning on the nose light with the taxi lights.  Or complain.

Did you really need to write the last part? Now I understand your low reputation on this forum.

Let's keep focus on the throttle issue, we are done here.

Archived