There is something wrong with the throttle mapping on this plane.

For those having issues with fluctuating N1 and poor throttle response, I am happy to report that this problem appears to have been definitively solved. Apparently the MSFS native throttle axis processing and the CRJ custom axis processing have been fighting each other.

Best analogy I can think of is that it would be like when you lower the temperature on your home heater thermostat, and the moment you sit down, your wife gets up and puts it right back where it was. Rinse, lather, repeat...

Hans has found a way to give the CRJ exclusive control of the throttle axes without interference from MSFS’s own axis processing. It is working very well indeed, and throttle control is now absolutely stable.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use the Virpil CM3 throttle. Calibrated it once with the EFB tool (2 axis, one per engine, reversers on the lower part of the same axis).

It all works as expected. Throttle output is precise and I can set my engines to any N1 %-age I need - no jitter, no variations, I have good control over the engines.

The only thing I noticed is when I start cold & dark: moving the Virpil throttle does nothing in the sim. I have to use the mouse to bring the on-screen throttles from cut-off to idle. Once that step is done, my Virpil throttle and the in-sim throttles are in perfect sync. 

Just wanted to let you know about this - it seems the throttle issues described in this thread are not necessarily a problem of the CRJ, but maybe some strange hardware incompatability? I find it Interesting that the CRJ has problems with TM, while working flawlessly with Virpil - a niche product of Belarussian origin (albeit one of top build quality)...

All my issues with throttle calibration have been solved by leaving the throttle calibration window open on the aerosoft display.

Calibration doesn't work at all when this window is closed, and works perfectly when it's open

3 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

For those having issues with fluctuating N1 and poor throttle response, I am happy to report that this problem appears to have been definitively solved. Apparently the MSFS native throttle axis processing and the CRJ custom axis processing have been fighting each other.

Best analogy I can think of is that it would be like when you lower the temperature on your home heater thermostat, and the moment you sit down, your wife gets up and puts it right back where it was. Rinse, lather, repeat...

Hans has found a way to give the CRJ exclusive control of the throttle axes without interference from MSFS’s own axis processing. It is working very well indeed, and throttle control is now absolutely stable.

When you say it's now been solved. Do you mean it's working in the public release now? Or in the developer version that isn't public yet until the next update.

• Aerosoft
2 minutes ago, BabyPeel said:

When you say it's now been solved. Do you mean it's working in the public release now? Or in the developer version that isn't public yet until the next update.

Please give us some time to complete all tests, updaters etc etc.

1 hour ago, BabyPeel said:

Not in the current public version but in the next update. I do not have a timeframe for that. There are other things being worked on besides the throttles, and everything needs to be thoroughly tested.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Please give us some time to complete all tests, updaters etc etc.

11 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

Not in the current public version but in the next update. I do not have a timeframe for that. There are other things being worked on besides the throttles, and everything needs to be thoroughly tested.

Awesome to hear guys. Looking forward to the next release.

Good to hear that it's been resolved! I was seriously wondering how Hans had programmed the curve and was contemplating lending a hand in building him a FADEC, but I'm happy to hear the issue was a lot simpler than that!

First post here. I bought the CRJ today and notice the throttles/engines were all over the place when making adjustments during Cruise, Descent and Landing on my TM Quadrant. Thanks for getting this resolved, looking forward to the update :)

Just came in to this thread as I am having the same issues with Honeycomb throttle.  I had some issues on the first version of the CRJ but it is much worse on the latest version.  Small moves in the throttle causing one or both N1's to plummet.  Nearly impossible to get the throttle accurately set.  Glad to hear a solution was found and look forward to next update!

Same throttle problem as everyone else,Hoping a patch comes soon because besides the throttle problem love the plane but this issue is making it not very enjoyable to fly currently.

• Aerosoft
vor 11 Stunden , Flic1 sagte:

Just came in to this thread as I am having the same issues with Honeycomb throttle.  I had some issues on the first version of the CRJ but it is much worse on the latest version.  Small moves in the throttle causing one or both N1's to plummet.  Nearly impossible to get the throttle accurately set.  Glad to hear a solution was found and look forward to next update!

Hi,
Maybe a basic questio, but is your throttle fullu calibrated ?
Is the sensitivity curve in MSFS set to linear ?
Thank you.

5 hours ago, SimWare said:

Hi,
Maybe a basic questio, but is your throttle fullu calibrated ?
Is the sensitivity curve in MSFS set to linear ?
Thank you.

H - Yes, throttle is calibrated.  I even re-calibrated within CRJ EFB after the update to no avail. They are also set to linear. Throttles work perfectly in all other aircraft that I fly.

I’m so glad this is being resolved and the fix is in the the works. It drove me crazy ... especially on finals since 85% of captured GS Is miscalculated and you need to land it manually and at FL280 and under when I had to manually control N1 not to get overspeed penalty from OnAir. That also must be why OnAir was registering overspeed warning way before indicated red tape in the cockpit.

• Aerosoft

Developpers are working on a future update.
However, the last MSFS World Update makes things a bit more complex for the time being.

Same problem here. I observed on the outside view the two gauges who show the percentige of thrust beeing given to the aircraft. When I throttle at max the thrust goes back to 75%. When I take the throttle on my joystick down to zero (idle) the thrust in the gauges of the outsideview show that it remains on 51%. So something forces the throttle to be somewhere else than on the joystick. I tried to calibrate my joystick (Saitek Cyborg) inside the aircraft on the panel and noticed that when the calibrate menu window is open and you leave it open and go back to outside view the thrust works 1:1 with the joystick and the aircraft so Im able to hit 100% thrust or decrease the throttle to 0%. As soon as I close the calibration window on the sidepanel in the aircraft the problem persists again.

I hope this infos can help the defs.

Please login to display this image.

The issue seems to get fixed as i read above but i want to add the following:

I also had a jumping throttle, but it is prabably due to the fact that the Saitek-Throttle isnt the best and i had this jumping issue on other aircrafts as well.
The fix for me was to not use the MSFS throttle axis but calibrate the throttle in Spad.Next. There i had to set a smoothing value of 11 to the throttle axis and now it is super precise.
So, if you use Spad.Next anyway for some other stuff, i HIGHLY recommend to config and calibrate your throttle trough that and unbind it from the MSFS throttle axis.

Always glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this. I hope the update comes soon. This issue makes speed management during descent and final approach phase especially extraordinarily difficult.

Bought the CRJ 2 month ago. Waiting for the patch at least they seam to now admit that there is a problem.

Let's hope WASP is not causing the problem every time Asabo releases a fix others have to adjust for it.

CRJ In the hanger waiting to get out and fly.

Hello ... Same problem, uncontrolled throttle. I have tried everything and several, in all it does the same and only only with the CRJ. Seeing as it is a common bug, I wait for an update.

I do not understand why they are reluctant to tell us yes we understand the problem and we are working on it. Instead they tell us there are no problems then the tell us to run their throttle program knowing nothing is working? Must be pride I hope they change their attitude in the future.

Because the aircraft is a great achievement but if the throttles don't work we don't have an aircraft.

On the positive side let's wait for the fix.

Thank you

Archived