There is something wrong with the throttle mapping on this plane.

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, NineMile said:

Also noticed one other item:

When you go to external view in Microsoft Flight Simulator I notice that watching the engine #1 and engine#2 on other aircraft the power % shows green with the white needle. When using the CRJ the engine#1 and engine #2 looks like it is washed out no color at all?

And you feel that is related to throttle mapping (the topic is here)?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mathijs Kok your answers are to simplistic.

1. The levers in the simulator are moving to the maximum they do not stop at 70%.

2. Followed the EFB calibration procedures as described.

3. Sensitivity curve of the throttle axes is set to linear.

4. No mixture assignment on any axes.

Additional information:

1. When I go to external view and watch my throttle setting that is were I see the 70% Power and it fluctuates up and down.

2. CYQA airport has a runway length of 6000 feet using the CRJ with flaps it is having a hard time taking off in that distance "showing lack off power"

3. As previously said no other aircraft is having this problem?

This was your reply:Mathijs Kok

I am sorry you are disappointed, but it simply does work fine on my system. The Warthog throttle is a very basic potentiometer system and unless it has an issue there is no reason why it should not work. It simply has to be a setting or a driver.

My understanding of your reply is it works fine and there is no reason why it should not work or it is simply has to be a setting or driver.

Which translates to CRJ is working which is not the case.

• Aerosoft

And indeed it works without issue om my machine.  Just as it seems to work well on the vast majority of systems as we have a limited number of people who face this issue.  As I said, it is an open issue and it will be looked at again next week.  That it works on other aircraft is nothing special as this is the first aircraft using WASM you have on your system, simply very different animals. 

I am sorry you do not agree with my replies, but that does not change how we will try to solve this.

It looks like that the WASM is still in it's infency.

Let us not lose sight of the fact that the WASM implementation in MSFS doesn't exist yet, they are still developing it. What, if, when, how everything fits together we will find out when it is ready. It also doesn't make a lot of sense to quote the spec at this point. Whatever Asobo will do with WASM, the result will probably be their very own brand - FSASM

This could be the problem?

As I have also problems with thrust and power so that I can't climb fast or high enough (I have posted in other threats as well) I have looked at this also and can confirm that the engine values in the cockpit do not match the values of the HUD in external view.

What the impact of this is I don't know.  But the bad climb performance I have makes sense when only using 73% like showed in the external view. 

Please login to display this image.

I have parked my CRJ. No sense to discuss this any further with people that have limited knowlege.

Just waiting for a fix.

Your problem is exacly the same as mine and others.

Thanks for your input

So, I was having this problem too. I thought, especially since I have been following this topic, that the problem was with the CRJ. Today, by accident I might add, I solved the issue and now my throttles are smooth. The problem was that I had Spad.neXt running in the background controlling the throttle and MSFS set to control the throttles. In my case, it was a profile for the Bravo Throttle that I copied and was not aware the throttle weres mapped and calibrated through Spad.neXt. Once I deleted the event for axis Rz and Ry the throttles in the CRJ smoothed out like silk. Out of curiosity I did a little more testing and here is what I found.

• IF I mapped using Spad.neXt and NOT MSFS the throttles in the CRJ were smooth.
  • IF I mapped using Spad.neXt and MSFS the throttles jumped around.
  • If I mapped using FSUIPC7 and NOT MSFS the throttles in the CRJ were smooth.
  • If I mapped using FSUIPC7 and MSFS the throttles jumped around.

So, for the purpose of the CRJ, I had decided to keep the mapping in MSFS. I could have mapped it in MSFS, calibrated in the CRJ settings, deleted the MSFS settings, and the mapped to Spad.neXt. That would be an option for anyone not wanting to keep their calibration going through MSFS but still wanting to use the CRJ. Anyway, just wanted to share just in case some of you might have your throttles mapped through software besides MSFS. Being such a complex machine the CRJ does not dual input sources. This also solved my spoilers issue; trying to deploy them one quarter and getting one-half instead.

14 minutes ago, EdwardS said:

So, I was having this problem too. I thought, especially since I have been following this topic, that the problem was with the CRJ. Today, by accident I might add, I solved the issue and now my throttles are smooth. The problem was that I had Spad.neXt running in the background controlling the throttle and MSFS set to control the throttles. In my case, it was a profile for the Bravo Throttle that I copied and was not aware the throttle weres mapped and calibrated through Spad.neXt. Once I deleted the event for axis Rz and Ry the throttles in the CRJ smoothed out like silk. Out of curiosity I did a little more testing and here is what I found.

• IF I mapped using Spad.neXt and NOT MSFS the throttles in the CRJ were smooth.
  • IF I mapped using Spad.neXt and MSFS the throttles jumped around.
  • If I mapped using FSUIPC7 and NOT MSFS the throttles in the CRJ were smooth.
  • If I mapped using FSUIPC7 and MSFS the throttles jumped around.

So, for the purpose of the CRJ, I had decided to keep the mapping in MSFS. I could have mapped it in MSFS, calibrated in the CRJ settings, deleted the MSFS settings, and the mapped to Spad.neXt. That would be an option for anyone not wanting to keep their calibration going through MSFS but still wanting to use the CRJ. Anyway, just wanted to share just in case some of you might have your throttles mapped through software besides MSFS. Being such a complex machine the CRJ does not dual input sources. This also solved my spoilers issue; trying to deploy them one quarter and getting one-half instead.

Any idea what to do for people who don't use any of those things? I don't use FSUIPC7 and I have no idea what Spad.neXt is. I don't have any other software affecting my throttles (I'm using the TCA throttles) so as a last-ditch effort I've removed the default bindings from the keyboard (F1-F4) to see if that helps.

How about Axis and Oh's? YOu don't use anything? Hmm, afraid I don't know what to suggest. You calibrated in Windows and that didn't work. How old are your TCA throttles? Can't be that old, didn't they just get released this year?

1 hour ago, EdwardS said:

How about Axis and Oh's? YOu don't use anything? Hmm, afraid I don't know what to suggest. You calibrated in Windows and that didn't work. How old are your TCA throttles? Can't be that old, didn't they just get released this year?

They're less than a month old. Yeah I've done all the calibration. I've tried everything.

Have the same problem. Everything set as in the description several times. No FSUIPC, Axis and Ohs or Spad.Next in use. Bought the CRJ from the Marketplace and have updated it. The Honeycomb Bravo is about 3 Weeks old. And it works absolutely perfect with all the other planes exept the CRJ. 

The thrust levers move in game as on my Honeycomb Bravo, but the thrust on the display does not. Even when you don`t move the throttles, thrust goes up and down shaking after an adjustment, independently on both engines. It works perfectly in TOGA and climb mode. The shaking starts after reaching flight level in cruise mode and adjusting to not overspeed.

Sadly not flyable at the moment for me. But exept that major problem, it is an awesome product. Thanks Aerosoft for this great plane and looking forward to a patch to fly it again. 

• Aerosoft
On 5.4.2021 at 02:07, Chaxterium sagte:

They're less than a month old. Yeah I've done all the calibration. I've tried everything.

Can you please check in the Windows Joystick calibration utility if the Raw Data values stay steady when the levers are not moved ?

1 hour ago, SimWare said:

Can you please check in the Windows Joystick calibration utility if the Raw Data values stay steady when the levers are not moved ?

Hello @SimWare I tried doing the Windows joystick calibration but it looked nothing like the screenshot you've attached. It seemed to think the TCA Throttle quadrant was a joystick as opposed to sliders and tried to get me to calibrate it as such. Any advice in that area? If needed I can attach a screenshot. 

Despite this, there has been a slight improvement. I went into MSFS control settings and I removed the keyboard bindings for the throttles (F1, F2, F3, and F4) and there has been an improvement. When I adjust the thrust levers in the plane the N1 values are significantly more stable now. They still move quite a bit (which is rather reflective of the real aircraft) but before if I was at 85% and I moved the thrust levers a minuscule amount, the N1 would drop down to about 75% immediately and then climb back up to nearly 85%. This made speed control in cruise rather tricky. Since I removed the keyboard bindings it's now more realistic. It's still difficult to set an exact N1 setting but that's actually quite realistic to the real plane.

But back to what I think you're getting at with the Windows calibration. There is still an issue I think. When I'm using the external view, the carets which show throttle lever position dance quite a bit whenever the thrust levers are at idle (almost as though the raw data of the sliders themselves are dancing but the raw data in the Aerosoft EFB doesn't replicate this dancing). Once out of idle the dancing stops and the carets move flawlessly throughout the rest of the thrust lever travel range including reverse. I've adjusted the IDLE-CLB gap but it hasn't had an effect. It doesn't appear as though this caret-dancing is affecting the thrust levers themselves since the thrust levers don't dance at all. They move perfectly in concert with the physical position of the TCA Throttle positions. Still though, I'm quite curious what could be causing the carets to move so much at idle. 

Hallo Simware and Chaxterium

I also tried both. Although the axis stay steady in the Windows Configuration, i recalibrated them. I also removed the Keyboard bindings. It is definitely way better now. Still not perfect, as sometimes if you increase the throttles, the thrust goes down first a little bit and then up, but as Chaxterium said way more stable and predictable. And I don`t know if that is real or not, cause I am not a pilot. But I think it was mostly the remove of Keyboard bindings, which did the trick. Thanks for your help.

As said, it is a great plane which in combination with MSFS is just stunning. Thanks Aerosoft!

I also have a problem with my TM TCA, it's

- Calibrated

- Setup on the EFB

- Normal axes, no 0-100% one

- Works perfectly with all other planes

- Move the cockpit throttle perfectly and precisely

But, just after a climb, If i want to set my throttle to 80% N1, it will drop down to 50% then back up.

Is fadec broken?

1 hour ago, bendead said:

I also have a problem with my TM TCA, it's

- Calibrated

- Setup on the EFB

- Normal axes, no 0-100% one

- Works perfectly with all other planes

- Move the cockpit throttle perfectly and precisely

But, just after a climb, If i want to set my throttle to 80% N1, it will drop down to 50% then back up.

Is fadec broken?

Are the keyboard throttle bindings (F1, F2, F3, F4) still enabled? If so, try removing those bindings and see if that improves things.

Same problem here with Honeycomb Bravo. The throttle drops down, before coming back to normal value. Calibration done as mentionned in PDF and sensitivity linear as well.

2 minutes ago, Chaxterium said:

Are the keyboard throttle bindings (F1, F2, F3, F4) still enabled? If so, try removing those bindings and see if that improves things.

I will try it and post back

37 minutes ago, Chaxterium said:

Ok, I did it before a flight and no change, the throttle in the cockpit move accordingly to my TM TCA, but FADEC is drunk.

Moving the throttle a few millimeters, will result in N1 going down fast to 51.5%, then after a couple seconds back up. 

Sometime moving it down will sharply increase N1.

I even tried moving the throttle from 5mm to 10mm below climb position, then back to 5mm repeating it every 1 second, it will block N1 to 51.5%.

It's bad, even the Bleriot 11 has a better throttle response.

9 minutes ago, Chaxterium said:

Damn. I was hoping that would help. It improved things for me but then again my N1 never dropped down to 50%. It only dropped to around 75% or so.

No worries, it might have improve my experience, thanks for sharing.

I just hope Aerosoft, will recognize it's broken and fix it soon, I did not really fly the CRJ since update, and I will let it aside until it gets better.

Archived