Honeycomb plugin does not display in x-plane 11 plugin menu

I am running x-plane 11 on a MacPro running High Sierra.  I have installed the Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle Quadrant and can assign input functions in x-plane just fine.  However, when I finish running the configurator to set up the FCU knobs and LEDs I cannot load the profile since the Honeycomb plugin is not listed in the plugin menu.  I noticed that the icon for AFC_Bridge.xpl file is different then the other .xpl files that are installed.  Any ideas to get this working?

Thanks.

DaveJ

Yes!  And thanks for the suggestion.  Didn't think to check the log.  The first thing that stood out to me is '... built for Mac OS X 10.15..."  I am on 10.13.  Wonder if there is a version built for 10.13.  Or a work around.  Log text below:

dlerror:dlopen(/Users/davidjeziorski/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/AFC_Bridge/mac_x64/AFC_Bridge.xpl, 6): Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin

Referenced from: /Users/davidjeziorski/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/AFC_Bridge/mac_x64/libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)

Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

in /Users/davidjeziorski/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/AFC_Bridge/mac_x64/libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib

And thanks for your help.

DaveJ

• Aerosoft

Hi Dave,

yes, that is definitely not gonna work.

No...there is no other version available from our side. I will talk to the developer responsible for the Mac branch port if we can do something about this, but will only be after next week. No promises, though. 

Yes.  I figured as much.  But I am grateful for your offer to talk to the developer tho.  It would be awesome if there was a fix for this.  I really do like X-Plane 11 and the Honeycomb equipment is really good.  And thanks again for your help.

DaveJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Hi Dave,

we've just discussed this internally, but as High Sierra has also already reached its official end of life it is unfortunately not feasible from a development perspective to also produce and, more importantly, maintain support for it. With all those different Mac OS versions flying around this would quickly become impossible to maintain.

I hope that is understandable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived