TCA THROTTLE

I'm unable to get the MSFS to connect with the TCA.  I followed the step by step procedures as recommended but the throttles won't connect to the CRJ. The controls are set correctly in the MSFS and I (of course) calibrated .  Still can't make it happen. Any advice would be appreciated.

I got them to work correctly

what comes to mind:

1) did you map the "throttle 1 axis " and "throttle 2 axis " binds to the correct axis (Joystick L-Axis X and Joystick L-Axis Y) from your throttle?  Make sure you did not select "throttle 1 axis (0 to 100%)"

2) play with the "reverse axis" checkboxes (i have them unchecked)
3) is the sensitivity set up correctly in the sim? (all but reactivity set to 0%. Reactivity should be set to 100%)

4) did you do the calibration in the second page of the options page of the EFB inside the CRJ?
5) did you unlock the throttles when starting cold and dark (click the red lever on the throttle and slew it forward with the mouse. They will only move if you did that manually)

• Aerosoft

Hi Capt PT,

I suppose you followed this procedure : 
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/159677-how-to-use-the-tca-throttle-with-aerosoft-crj-550700/

I would only as one point to add to the excellent TO CHECK list of lord Baltimoar :  did you check or calibrate the throttle in the Windows calibration utility ?

Best regards.

You should do 2 profiles for the TCA, one with throttle axis for the CRJ and another one with throttle axis (0 to 100%) for all your plane, Asobo, CJ4, A32NX

It's the only way I found to make everything work perfectly

• Developer
1 hour ago, bendead said:

You should do 2 profiles for the TCA, one with throttle axis for the CRJ and another one with throttle axis (0 to 100%) for all your plane, Asobo, CJ4, A32NX

It's the only way I found to make everything work perfectly

This is the right and recommended way. The choice for using THROTTLE AXIS instead of THROTTLE AXIS (0% TO 100%) was made in order to be able to implement the CRJ's FADEC system properly. I would implement the use of the 0-100 axis right away but it's currently not possible.

• Aerosoft

Also in general, using different profiles according to the planes is a vey good practice.
It takes a bit longer in the beginning, but afterwards you are sure not to have any interference between the bindings specific

to one aircraft and the bindings of another.

Just keep in mind that the controls functionalities are extremely different wether you fly a C172 or a B747.

The easy profiles capabiliy in Flight Simulator are an extremely powerful feature. 

3 hours ago, SimWare said:

Just keep in mind that the controls functionalities are extremely different wether you fly a C172 or a B747.

Agree, it mandatory switching from a single / dual engine to a quad like the 747

On another note, I hope the patch/hotfix will be out soon, I just did my first CRJ flight with my new TCA throttle and it's nearly impossible to accurately control the power output.

Archived