Terrein Radar Question

DLH9KA

Good evening togetehr, 

Question: 

I found in the folder structure a folder called "Terrain".

There seems to be an elevation model of any kind implemented. (ascrj.wem 224 Mb)

Is it possible to use it, or is it planned to use as basis for a database based Terr Display?

And wouldn't make it sense to do so, as the Asobo VFR Map/Terrain implementation is rather unusable for a real looking working System?

Other airliners often use a simple database instead of simulator inbuild stuff, that is mostly not working as it should and would be easier to implement.

Rgds PC

Please login to display this image.

Yes i read this part but according FAQ, Terrain Display does not work...

Quote from the FAQ section:

"At this moment we do not have access to the terrain system to such a degree that a working terrain radar is possible. The moment this is possible it will be added."

Please be so kind and don't blame me for not reading the Manual, when the Terr Display is not working and me as a customer is asking ways to possibly enabling it somehow!

I don't know a single person where this is working, me including. 

Rgds PC

P.S. 

In P3D by the way, it is not working either anymore since the last patch.

Maybe it is a bug so that it is not working in both versions or it is not implemented in the MSFS Version and thus beeing disabled in P3D with the Update.

Anyway I find it really harsh to come up with the RTFM awnser when it is obvious that the Manual does not represent the actual state of the Aircraft and when it is obvious that it is not implemented or has been patched out or whatever! 

Maybe I should ask my Question again: 

Although it states in the FAQ section, that the TERRAIN Display is not working, the manual states that it does.

Besides that, there is already a digital elevation model integrated, same as in P3D Version.

Are you planning to use this to enable the TERRAIN feature, as it worked in P3D and independently from e.g. Asobos map system?

Archived