not able to rotate

good evening,

I think I´ve tried it now a dozen times with the tutorial, step by step, click by click. Everything works fine, till I try to takeoff.

When releasing the brakes and increasing thrust, the speed indicator becomes crazy. It flips up and down beginning with the first meters of rolling. Its not possible to read the speed because it jumps up and down between 40 and 200 knots, like someone is shaking the ribbon. The aircraft seems to accelerate normal (TOGA) and fast, but it is not possible to rotate only a little. When switching to the outside view I can see the very fast plane with working ailerons, but nothing happens. Pulling a little or pulling hard, all the same. It behaves like a steam locomotive on her track. 

I have watched several videos, especially for the moment of acceleration. Never saw a speed indicator flipping like mine. In the forums there are a lot of tips, e.g. pitot heat, trim variations, using the "ready to taxi" config from the EFB and so on. I tried everything but the result is always the same.

I am a "flightsimulant" since 1985, but now I feel like a rookie. No other plane in MSFS (and in X-Plane too) made me feel so helpless.

Is it a bug in the CRJ or a bug in my head?

Regards from Germany

OK, thank you. I went back to FAQ and to the hint with the "Flight Model" in the MSFS configuration. Dont know what this toggle between "Modern" and "Classic" changes in the sim, but after switching to "modern" I am now able to get airborne with the CRJ.

The only problem that remains is the "flipping" speed indicator. Its still oszillating, beginning in the moment of reaching 40.

This is a smaller problem, I think I can live with this.

Maybe anotherone finds an solution.

Have fun and Happy Landings

Bernd

• Deputy Sheriffs

When dealing with two issues, such as you had, the correct way to get help is to list them separately. As you noted the airspeed issue you're seeing is something you can live with, I'll close this with the other issue solved. If you later decide to pursue the airspeed issue you're seeing, simply write a new post.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived