VATSIM Vpilot Client Not Recognising Transponder On/Mode C

re84uk

46 minutes ago, re84uk said:

Hi

As stated in title, vpilot doesn't seem to recognise transponder.  Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

I believe you want to know if  vPilot auto switches to MODE C when you activate the CRJ transponder from STNDBY to TA/RA.  I have found this does NOT  occcur and you must activate MODE C in the vPilot GUI separately.

On 3/25/2021 at 6:27 PM, vjcarlo said:

I believe you want to know if  vPilot auto switches to MODE C when you activate the CRJ transponder from STNDBY to TA/RA.  I have found this does NOT  occcur and you must activate MODE C in the vPilot GUI separately.

Correct.  When I set the transponder from standby to 1 or 2, mode C is not activated in the vpilot client.

I'll post in other thread as well as this is a deal breaker for me.  I really only bought it to have a short haul airliner for vatsim but if aint gonna work, wasted my 80 bucks AUD really.  

Couple of addiotnal information for me.  I took out everything in community folder to see if something conflicting, still didnt work.  

Also I note that if I press the ident button it comes up with the ident in vpilot so they are talking in some way just wont TX or RX.  

6 hours ago, Seth2413 said:

I'll post in other thread as well as this is a deal breaker for me.  I really only bought it to have a short haul airliner for vatsim but if aint gonna work, wasted my 80 bucks AUD really.  

Couple of addiotnal information for me.  I took out everything in community folder to see if something conflicting, still didnt work.  

Also I note that if I press the ident button it comes up with the ident in vpilot so they are talking in some way just wont TX or RX.  

Just switch on mode C manually in Vpilot for now...... problem solved!

9 hours ago, Danny Vincken said:

Just switch on mode C manually in Vpilot for now...... problem solved!

No it doesnt, geez youd think I would have thought of that one.  

Ok seemed to have resolved this issue.  I have a logitech multi panel with my honeycomb alpha yoke.  To use the the multipanel you need to bind an avionics switch along with the attached profile that I use.  This could be a keyboard key or in my case it is the avionics switch on my honeycomb alpha.  As soon as i switched this on the vpilot radio panel lit up and it started to work.  As I type this im happily flying in the CRJ on VATSIM from YMML/ YSSY milk run event.  

Hopefully that helps for others out there.    My CRJ spad.next profile is attached.  

500ER.xml

• Aerosoft
18 hours ago, Seth2413 said:

For CRJ owners experiencing this, start a ticket with aerosoft.  Only way it seems will get something done.  

https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/en/newticket?departmentId=353346000000006907

In fact forum rapports have priority for us. 

On 3/30/2021 at 4:18 PM, Secondator said:

It's on our list to check if there is anything we can do about this. Thanks for the feedback!

This is not to hijack, but I just wanted to thank you all at Aerosoft for looking into these issues. I was going to create a post about this, but found this post instead. I do know the folks over at Working Title got the CJ4 TA/RA mode to automatically turn on mode C for the CJ4. Not sure what all is involved, but I am excited to see it as a potential function in the future. I have been really enjoying the CRJ on VatSim! :)

Archived