Was at cruise altitude and then controls became nonresponsive. Pilots appeared in cockpit seats.

ParadiseFlight

About half way into my flight from KSLC to KTUS, I went to an external camera then came back to the cockpit and the following was seen:

The yokes were turned hard left. The cockpit seats were now occupied by people. The controls were no longer responsive. The plane was still in AP but now just flying straight ahead, ignoring the flight plan. Many switches were set differently such as the MCDU buttons were now fully lit; the bleed source was set to L Eng; bleed valves was set to CLSD. Just some of the things I noticed. It never returned to normal. I had to restart the flight.

Also I should mention this flight was loaded from a save I did earlier. I had first done a cold & dark start. I saved the flight at that point before pushback. I then tried a pushback but my parking brake would not release before trying to taxi. So I had to restart, and then reload the flight which I had saved. I then selected the ready for taxi state. And then everything went well until what I described above.

When you go to external view, your initial camera viewpoint will be directly behind the aircraft. Once in external view, you can cycle through several other fixed camera viewpoints associated with that mode. If you return to the VC when the external camera is in any fixed view other than the initial one, it can cause exactly the problem you describe.

If this happens, return to external view, cycle through the various camera viewpoints until you are back to the default initial viewpoint from directly behind the aircraft, and then exit back to the VC, and you should find everything is working again.

I use both showcase and fixed external cameras at times. I just tried to reproduce the problem by jumping from external fixed views back to VC and the problem does not happen. I tried jumping around from many different external views to VC, and it's ok. I'm guessing there must have been something else going on at the time it happened.

I just had the same problem today.. it was during descent (doesn't matter I guess). 

Didn't use the showcase camera for this flight. Tried the fixes above but couldn't find any other external fixed camera viewpoints and ended with ADG on and all systems were unresponsive.. I could control the thrust, gears, ailerons etc, but cockpit animations and screens were stack..

This happened again yesterday during cruise but everything worked well after a while..

Any other tip? Reset or reinstall the aircraft?

edit: tried with a default livery and external fixed viewpoints worked.. maybe something is wrong with custom liveries.

Please login to display this image.

I've just experienced this again now, but slightly differently. The cockpit looks normal (no people in the cockpit), but most controls are not doing anything. It happened this time after I popped out my PFD and MFD into windows by holding down the right Alt key and clicking on them. I moved the popout windows to my other monitor, then clicked back on my main window and noticed the issue. Dials turn and buttons move, but nothing really happens. Eg. rotating the Alt knob is not changing the altitude in the PFD. Joystick throttle is not moving the levers on screen anymore. But I can move the throttle levers with my mouse and go to external view to notice that it seems to be affecting the thrust, even though the cockpit displays are frozen and not updating. Moving the joystick does move the on screen yokes still and the control surfaces are moving. I've given it about 10 minutes to resolve, but the problem is persisting. Time to restart.

On 3/26/2021 at 6:59 PM, gorrack said:

I

edit: tried with a default livery and external fixed viewpoints worked.. maybe something is wrong with custom liveries.

Please login to display this image.

Correction It’s not the custom Livery, happens 80% of the time . There are not external fixed viewpoints to cycle and come back to the default initial view. That’s not a direct problem with you of course, it’s a msfs bug.

But you can’t apply the solution above.

Even if you reset camera to initial external view  and exit to VC, nothing changes. It’s a bit of luck :)

In any case , I didn’t want my first post in the forums to be a bug report.. :) 

The aircraft is great and fun to fly and got me back to MSFS.

Archived