HUD modes not working?

curben

Hi, not sure if that was mentioned already but when I change the HUD mode (stdby to FD or TO for example) and press act, as described in the manual, nothing happens. It always stays in PRI mode. 

Is that not implemented, a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

thanks!

• curben changed the title to HUD modes not working?

You need certain item checked for some mode to work. You can switch to VMC anytime, FD require some kind of VOR or LOC and A1 to A3 require LOC+GS, that's what I found, but could be wrong.

Anyway, all the mode are more or less the same, don't expect to see runway outline using A mode, nor should you thrust your flight path symbol to land accurately. I don't even think changing runway length and elevation in the HUD control affect anything.

I've been reading the official CRJ HUD manual on smart cockpit and a lot of work need to be done.

I  can't seem to find the talked about HUD and step to activate it?
Where can I find the documentation. I  don't see it mentioned in tutorial

Never mind. I found the hinge to lower it.

14 hours ago, bendead said:

You need certain item checked for some mode to work. You can switch to VMC anytime, FD require some kind of VOR or LOC and A1 to A3 require LOC+GS, that's what I found, but could be wrong.

Anyway, all the mode are more or less the same, don't expect to see runway outline using A mode, nor should you thrust your flight path symbol to land accurately. I don't even think changing runway length and elevation in the HUD control affect anything.

I've been reading the official CRJ HUD manual on smart cockpit and a lot of work need to be done.

Thanks for the info! I’m pretty sure I tried all modes, including VMC, and none worked. I’ll try again. Were you able to activate anything besides PRI?

Can someone confirm that this is indeed implemented and supposed to work?

19 hours ago, bendead said:

don't expect to see runway outline using A mode

Yeah, found this out the hard way.

Let's just say several FAA violations occurred going into KMSP in bad weather the other day.

👀

Archived