EDDM Seasons Color/Texture Issue

disco79stu

Hi Guys,

I have a visual issue with EDDMs seasons/textures.
Currently, the airport and its surroundings don't fit very well into the rest of the scenery. It looks really strange having this "patch" of scenery standing out against the rest of the country, especially on approach.
Also, the overall look of the ground textures is pretty "desert like", when I land it doesn't feel like Munich but more like Casablanca or Riad. ....

Please see my screenshots below. I have "Use FTX GES Seasons" checked in the settings, since I do have FTX Global and EU Germany South installed. But I also tried without this checked, the scenery - while having a bit more greens in the textures - still stands out pretty noticeable (last screenshot).

Is there any way to improve the blending? Did I maybe install/layer something wrong? 

(P3Dv5.1HF1 - Orbx FTX Global + Germany South - No EA - No HDR - Simwings Pro Munich v. 1.1.2.0 installed.)

Thanks for any advice!
Stu

Please login to display this image.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Stu, would you please be so kind and attch the screenshots driectly to your post.

Do not link to other sites.

vor 21 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

Stu, would you please be so kind and attch the screenshots driectly to your post.

Do not link to other sites.

Otto, of course, no problem. Sorry for doing it via link, other forums encourage to use external links for screenshots so I thought I was doing you a favor :)

Will upload directly here next time.

Stu

• Deputy Sheriffs

No problem. ;)

Looking at my installation under P3Dv4.5  and FTX it looks totally different (spring season):

One thing you have to know, there will never be a perfect blending between landclass files and an aerial picture which has been made usually during summertime.

gerade, mopperle sagte:

No problem. ;)

Looking at my installation under P3Dv4.5  and FTX it looks totally different (spring season):

Yeah, my OP is a couple of weeks old now. My FTX might have spring textures as well now. 
This is how it looks now on my system, v5.1 HF1.

The integration works a bit better in spring now, that's something I could actually live with, even if you can still see where the scenery starts. 

I also deleted all the photo-BGLs for a test, after someone on discord suggested this to me, which made the integration even better. But I'd like to keep the intended textures tbh, so I put them back in.

The grass on the airport itself however is still very "dry" compared to nature outside of the airport, it looks like it hasn't been raining for months... :)

• Developer

Did you use the EDDMConfigV5 Tool and select the "Use FTX GES Seasons" Checkbox? If not, it could not fit.

Edit: Found that you try it. The developers are back next week.

Vor 1 Stunde, OPabst sagte:

Did you use the EDDMConfigV5 Tool and select the "Use FTX GES Seasons" Checkbox? If not, it could not fit.

Edit: Found that you try it. The developers are back next week.

Well, to be on the safe side, I de-installed and re-installed the whole scenery and updated via the ASUPdater to version 1.1.2.0

I found that turning on or off the FTX GES Seasons switch doesn't change a thing now (except some very minor water reflections so it seems).

FTX GES Seasons checked:

FTX GES Seasons unchecked:

Archived