Simconnect Variables and the CRJ 550

I am trying to change AutoPilot Altitude using  AUTOPILOT ALTITUDE LOCK VAR in Simconnect to no effect. I tried all AUTOPILOT ALTITUDE LOC values available and I am unable to affect the CRJ 550. This is for my Logitech Multipanel Altitude dial with SPAD.Next. Is this a SDK limitation or some custom code ? I am able to control any aircraft except the CRJ.

Thanks

• Aerosoft

Hi,

the CRJ has to use its own local variables for most of the things. So, currently there is no way to communicate via those SimVars or SimEvents. Interfacibility is expected to improve over time, though.

Many functions, including the FCP alt are exposed via LVARs which can be accessed using the beta of spad.next. There are already several posts in this forum here with more detail

The LVARs are pretty cool and spad.next makes it easy to play around. Though for the life of me I can't get spad.next to adjust a value based on the rotary. That for me is the last piece of the puzzle.

Even adjusting the CRJ data like altitude by setting a manual value doesn't seem to work but AAO can do it, even though it takes forever to change a few thousand feet but I can't see how it does it. Sigh.

• Aerosoft
45 minutes ago, Claude Desrosiers said:

ok. I'll try to get on the beta branch.

There is no beta branch, we are not fans of that. Drop me a mail at support@aerosoft.com and we send you the lvar list. That is all we can offer at this moment.

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

There is no beta branch, we are not fans of that. Drop me a mail at support@aerosoft.com and we send you the lvar list. That is all we can offer at this moment.

Hey Mathijs, that was the Beta branch of Spad.Next. They have a large LVars list there though it is unclear if it is complete.

10 minutes ago, Claude Desrosiers said:

sim. Resolvi tudo com a ramificação beta SPAD.NEXT e os valores LVARS adequados. 

What are the right values for altitude, speed, hdg, vertical speed, etc.?

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, valeriosza said:

What are the right values for altitude, speed, hdg, vertical speed, etc.?

Archived