Disturbing Email

N6722C

Today, I got the following email,  to my Unique email address,  that I  ONLY  use for  aerosoft.

NOBODY else  would know or have this unique email address.

Dear Subscriber, #FYN05282239
Did you enjoy using our service? Let’s stay together!. But you chose to stay with us!

Payment method that was connected to your account will be used to continue your membership.
After your free trial expires the total monthly charge will only be $89.99.

We hope that you enjoyed our service and that you are ready to move to premium plan.

If you are willing to get more details about your order, please contact us here: +1 (510) 992 2612

We are happy you choose us!

5901 W Century Blvd #750, Los Angeles, CA 90045
Copyright © 2021 iMed Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
+1 (510) 992 2612

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software

While this is obviously a SPAM  email,  what is concerning is that the Spammer  sent it to a Unique email address,   that  was created  only  for  my communications with Aerosoft,   which,  at first sight,  might suggest that my email / accountwith Aerosoft has been compromised.

Anyone else getting similar emails  .... ?

• Aerosoft

According to https://haveibeenpwned.com/ that email address was in a database that comes from 2016.
We have never had any indication whatsoever that any of our systems was compromised, not in 2016, nor recently. 

I would suggest checking at https://www.scopesys.com/ where your email belongs to. That site is not updated since many years and is clearly not secure.

• Deputy Sheriffs

To make it a bit more clear: When you enter the domain of your email adress into the browsers adress line, it gets redirected to www.scopesys.com which is NOT secure:

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

I just spend a good two hours looking at all rapports and logs.  I looked at how many people used 'AS' or 'Aerosoft' in their emails to indicate it is an email that was made specially for our shop or forum and there are hundreds.  Normally when you got a leak like this you get a shite load of angry customers and we simply have never seen that.  We are 99.9 sure that the spam was send using the 2016 list (and again, we were not involved in that in any way). 

However we take these things extremely serious. If anybody has any indication something is leaked we want to know.  We do never sell any data, we do not share any data. That's is all a big nono for us. Not only because we are German company and the law in Germany is extremely strict on those things, but also because we simply believe that customers data simply should never be worth any money to any company but the one you gave it to.  When you have an account on our shop/forum we know something about you and when you allow us we'll send you information.  If you like us to wipe your data drop me us a mail at support@aerosoft.com and a few hours later you are a nobody to us.

Now keep in mind that privacy has a price. Last week there was a customer who demanded his money back.  We told him he was not a customer from us. He send us an image of the package he received with our logo on it. I still could not find any trace of him so I started to ask around. Finally we found that he asked us to remove him fully from our systems two weeks before. We did so. Shop account. forum, account, all emails.  We are not even allowed to keep a print of a mail. It was just somebody who remembered the name that solved the puzzle. Needles to say we could not help the customer.  Of course he wrote back he would tell all his friends, post on forums etc. Sigh...

And yes that means the tax office really wants to know why somebody send money to our account without an order attached to it. 

I would like to chime in here, as there is another possibility.  There some nepharious people who use incredmental code email address generators to send out hundred of thousands of emails via VPNs.  Internet routers will eventully close down email blasts when they reach a certain number, and these automated systems will then move via their VPN or generate a different email header, or any number of different means to continue to send out the blasts.  It's almost impossible to stop without affecting Internet serive to millions of people.

Today more so than ever, human looking at and deleting any unexpected email such as these is the first, best and last line of defense.  You did right by notifying Aerosoft, but as Mathijs' research showed it really had nothing to do with us.

New methords of phone spoofing are on the rise world wide as well.

Again, you did the right thing by contacting Aerosoft, that's all you can really do.

Best wishes!

• Herman locked this topic

Archived