Hydraulic System

Patill

I've been able to take off (twice) while forgetting to switch all hydraulic switches (to ON or AUTO) is this normal ?

I had no alarm of any kind and the A/C flew as usual...

You would still have both #1 and #2 hydraulic systems, as the primary source for those is the engine driven hydraulic pumps, or EDP's. 

The overhead switches for systems 1 and 2 are for the backup electrically driven pumps, or ACMPs. Technically you would have some steering and inboard brake issues with the lack of system 3 pumps, since it does not have an engine driven pump. I'd have to check with TheDude or dig into the books to see what else is missing. But like Mathijs said, this would be an abnormal condition for sure.  

Without system 3 you will lose. Your inboard Ground spoilers, landing gear retraction and extension (note that the alternate extension is on system 2), nose wheel steering, and inboard brakes. Everything else on system 3 is powered by at least on other system.

Archived