EDDB ground textures

ellepi86

Hi,

First of all thank you very much for releasing Berlin EDDB scenery for MSFS, that's a great product!

I noticed that on the new apron, ground textures are really light-coloured and unrealistic. The pavement is light-gray in real life too, but as every airport it is ruined by oil, grease, hydraulic fluids etc. etc. In the sim it looks like the airport (new apron and taxiways) has just been built, polished and never used before. Also runway 07L/25R (and some of the taxiways on the north apron, former SXF) asphalt in reality is way darker than the color used for this scenery in the sim.

Any chance that you can improve this? If necessary, next time I'll be on duty I can take some pictures of the apron/taxiways/runways.

Regards,

Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo,

Here's a comparison shot from the scenery and an actual aerial image I took as a reference:

MSFS:

Please login to display this image.

Real:

Please disregard the darker taxilines in MSFS. This is how MSFS does mipmapping at a distance - from close up when taxiing they look more realistic.

The parking positions do have the oil spills etc. you mentioned:

But in any case, dirt spills and tire marks may have build up faster after opening than anticipated. So it's something that may or may not be addressed in future once we see how things develop, there there are most marks etc.

I dropped you an email, so you have my contact details. New on-site photos are of course always welcome.

Bests,

Sascha

I hope that we will get significant update for this airport, don't mind if it will take aditional 6GB of disc space to look good. After seeing what NZA Simulations did with Hobart we should expect more from 20+ Euro addon.

3 hours ago, Xanys Lecix said:

Well, from what I've seen in Maps the ground textures at real life look way different: 

Point taken!

It looks like recently a lot more dirt got hold on the apron than anticipated. Judging by a satellite image alone is never sufficient but that second photo from ground level showing the dirt even in bright sunlight shows that this could need a lot more smudges than currently there. Which is a thing rather easy to do.

What we'll do now:

Await completition of the apron extension west of the tower (I believe it was apron E, don't have the documents with me now) so we know what the final ground markings will look like. Then use that update to also update the dirt layers of the aerial imagery and decals in combination.

Many thanks also to Lorenzo for offering on-site input!

Closing this topic now as we think it has been properly addressed. While not being a showstopper it is something we will took into soon and has been duly noted!

• Sasa locked this topic

Archived