Too Low Terrain warning on takeoff

MultiMediaWill

I am experiencing and issue on almost all my takeoffs when I am a few hundred feet above the ground immediately after takeoff, the CRJ sounds an alarm "Too Low Terrain". Is anyone else experiencing the issue? I would not expect the warning to go off in these cases. 

7 minutes ago, N38TM said:

Yes I see it.. but only if you fail to maintain a positive rate after you rotate.

This is not the case. I am getting the warning even with positive rate after rotation. 

I've had this on two of my less stable takes offs where I am focusing on something in particular. I'm not sure an actual descent is necessary. I don't have video but I think on leaving YSSY last night my nose was too high so I lowered it. I'm pretty sure VSI didn't go negative but I got one "low terrain" warning. There were trees at the end of the runway so I was wondering if it was because the radar altimeter registered a low height.

So, I'm not sure. I normally video my flights but I already lose 15 fps so tend not to do it with the CRJ. But I'll try to pay a bit more attention.

Same here. You can see it in the video below (the timestamp is set a few seconds before. It happens at 36:43). As you can see, the climb rate is most definitely positive, over +4. Another possible issue is at 2:20:55. Would the CRJ really get a sink rate warning on landing at for dipping for a second from -0.7 to -0.8?

5 hours ago, Abriael said:

Same here. You can see it in the video below (the timestamp is set a few seconds before. It happens at 36:43). As you can see, the climb rate is most definitely positive, over +4. Another possible issue is at 2:20:55. Would the CRJ really get a sink rate warning on landing at for dipping for a second from -0.7 to -0.8?

This video sums up my experience with this bug. It happens exactly as you see here during the takeoff. 

For me this happens as well but not before the second take off.

I fly a leg and on the first take off it does not appear and on the second leg (second take off) this gets triggered.

On 3/24/2021 at 9:16 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We will have a look at this. So far unable te recreate this issue.

Try YSSY RW34R. I get it there every time.

You mean TOGA using the button on the throttle or the screw? Yes. 

I saw one of The Dudes videos have a terrain warning so it may we ll be normal to get a single callout. I only ever get one so it doesn't bother me if my altitude meets the approach constraints and is stable. If it kept saying it, well, that would be different. 

On 3/24/2021 at 5:46 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

We will have a look at this. So far unable te recreate this issue.

The Dude was able to recreate the issue on the official Aerosoft tutorial video... in fact he even claimed that the GPWS warning sound was a "beta thing" and would be gone in the final version. 

See here at the 19:30 mark of the take off tutorial video - the warning incorrectly sounds as he is on his initial takeoff:

A bit interesting to think it's the terrain model. I haven't experienced this issue on any other plane even those that have terrain radar (A320, CJ4). What makes you think that this is the cause meanwhile there are no issues with the other default planes?

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The simply fact is that the altitude above ground is too low at that moment as reported by the sim. We are hesitant to 'tweak' this because if the sim is corrected this might cause new problems. 

If you are confident that it's a sim issue, then why not "tweak" it until the sim is corrected? It's broken right now, it doesn't make sense to wait to fix it on the off chance that Asobo fixes it in the future.

Are you really sure it's a sim issue if none of the default planes experience this issue? I have 1,100+ hours played on MSFS to date, most of which were in the A320 and CJ4 and I have not experienced this issue at all. It's really hard to understand how this could be a sim issue when it's a problem so far unique to the CRJ.

• Aerosoft

You do not have any other aircraft programmed with C++ on your system and it could very well be that the issue is in that interface. As the trigger of the effect seems defined correctly, a 'fix' would be to ignore the trigger. But that would disable the system. So far we have three people who reported it, so we do not think it is a major issue at this moment. I am sorry that it annoys you a lot however.

We will look at it again. 

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You do not have any other aircraft programmed with C++ on your system and it could very well be that the issue is in that interface. As the trigger of the effect seems defined correctly, a 'fix' would be to ignore the trigger. But that would disable the system. So far we have three people who reported it, so we do not think it is a major issue at this moment. I am sorry that it annoys you a lot however.

We will look at it again. 

Thank you for looking into it again. It's likely not reported often because 1. a lot of people do not know about this support forum 2. people may not know it's an issue 3. some people do not fly as much as others and may not notice yet that the issue is persistent. 

That being said It's not a "major" issue and other bugs would understandably take a higher priority, but I would like it to be considered appropriately rather than brush it off as a sim issue so one day it gets fixed. 

• Aerosoft

No issue is ever brushed off. It all ends up in our database. But the more people complain about an issue the higher the priority is. This issue is simply only been reported by three people.  On a few tens of thousands of customers that means it most likely is an issue that will, if possibly(!), be fixed some day.  I can tell you anything else but being honest is tthe best in these things. What bugs you a lot is of no importance to other people.

Archived