Why does my MCDU skip my first fix and how do I fix this?

I have a flight plan (KDEN FQF LUFSE ADANE DRAKE KPUB) that I like to fly.  I set up on runway 34R at KDEN and have that runway entered into the MCDU.  During the takeoff run the PFD is showing the first waypoint at FQF.  After takeoff the waypoint changes to LUFSE without me changing anything and I'm headed away from FQF.  Why is this thing doing this and how do I fix it?

Just tried the same routing, coming off RWY 34R. At exactly 50' above the ground on takeoff it also incorrectly sequenced to the leg from FQF to LUFSE.

I tried it taking off the opposite direction, and it worked just fine, keeping the leg from the runway to FQF active.

For testing purposes, I started a 360° turn to see what it did when I was headed away from the active leg. When I got 90° off course, it decided to sequence to the next leg (FQF-LUFSE). So it sounds like this has something to do with aircraft flying the opposite heading of what the active leg course is. Will do some more testing and put this on the internal bug tracker. Thanks for the detailed report @jfwharton!

Archived