Clearing MKDU discontinuity locks up flight simulator

Today I started doing something differently and experienced a lockup of FS2020.  After initializing the MCDU and loading a flight plan I went to legs and cleared a discontinuity at the end of the flight plan.  Hit EXEC and then proceeded to load an approach at the destination airport.  The flight plan is from KDEN to KPUB (FQF LUFSE ADANE DRAKE).  When I selected an approach at KPUB the whole flight simulator locked up.  I tried troubleshooting by removing everything from my community folder except the CRJ and it still locked up with either the 550 or 700.  Putting everything back into my community folder I decided to try selecting an approach before clearing any discontinuities and that worked.  So my question is this, is this a bug (which it seems to be to me) or by design?

1 hour ago, jfwharton said:

Oggi ho iniziato a fare qualcosa di diverso e ho riscontrato un blocco di FS2020. Dopo aver inizializzato l'MCDU e caricato un piano di volo sono andato a gambe e ho cancellato una discontinuità alla fine del piano di volo. Hit EXEC e poi ha proceduto a caricare un avvicinamento all'aeroporto di destinazione. Il piano di volo è da KDEN a KPUB (FQF LUFSE ADANE DRAKE). Quando ho selezionato un approccio al KPUB, l'intero simulatore di volo si è bloccato. Ho provato a risolvere i problemi rimuovendo tutto dalla mia cartella della comunità tranne il CRJ ed è ancora bloccato con il 550 o il 700. Rimettendo tutto nella mia cartella della comunità ho deciso di provare a selezionare un approccio prima di cancellare qualsiasi discontinuità e ha funzionato. Quindi la mia domanda è questa, si tratta di un bug (che a me sembra essere) o di design?

Hi...at beginnig I have the same.

My mistake was that I correct the discontinuities from FPLN pages.

The right way is to correct the discontinuities from LEGS page.

I follow this procedure:

Load SID EXE

Load airways and waypoints EXE

Load STAR EXE

Go in LEGS page and correct discontinuities and EXE.

No more problems.

Bye

I was clearing the disconnects from the legs page.  The problem is you can't clear the discontinuity at the end of the flight plan until after you enter a destination approach and you HAVE TO enter a destination approach or the MCDU will not function correctly.  Just don't like these aircraft with all of this unnecessary automation.  I much prefer the older aircraft.  So far I have been extremely disappointed in the CRJ and wish I had not purchased it.

Yes, I think this is a bug. And I'm able to reproduce it.

Example:

I program very simple plan LFST SUL1N SUL REUTL REUT5A EDDS

I start with POS INIT, then FLT PLN. So I input LFST as originating airport, EDDS as destination. And I put rwy 05.

I then go to DEP/ARR page and I choose SUL1N SID (rwy 05 is already selected, as specified in FLT PLN page).

Then I go back to FLT PLN, and I input the rest of route, so in this case simple DCT REUTL. And I hit EXEC.

Such route contains discontinuity. So I go to LEGS page, and I delete that discontinuity at the end. And I hit EXEC. So still without any STAR or Approach.

And such route doesn't seem to be correct for FMS. On MFD it drows infinite line, instead of connecting REUTL with EDDS airpot (as shown on attached screenshot). I'm not sure it's correct behaviour. I usually fly (I mean in various different aircraft) without inserting any arrival or approach, and I input them in-flight.

So - can anyone confirm it's right or wrong?

And the worst thing - If in such situation I go to DEP/ARR page, then to ARR page, and I choose approach first (ex. ILS 07), it freezes the aircraft. So that's obvious bug. When I start with STAR, and then with approach, it seems to work. But what to do if airport doesn't have published STAR proc or I just don't want to use any?

Please login to display this image.

Ok, so I made a few more testing.

It seems that indeed removing discontinuity at the end of legs list may cause issue.

I tried a new flight plan - VCRI - VRMV (VRMV doesn't have any STAR published).

So, just simple VCRI dct MLE dct VRMV.

When I just enter that, there is discontinuity at the end.

I'm still able to choose RWY or one of RNAV approaches. It works.

But if I delete that discontinuity first, then choosing ARR rwy or approach causes freeze of CRJ.

And if I remove that discontinuity, FMS will not show distance to destination (as in screenshot post above with EDDS), so the whole route seems to be incorrect for it. So you need to put some app or rwy.

Archived