Ready for take-off state and TOD autopause?

I kinda miss a ready for take-off state in the crj. Ideal for those quick flights where you start on the runway. Just set up the fmc and go. Just a step beyond the 'ready for taxi' state.

Will be such a panel state in the future? Or even better: a way to customize your own panel states?

I also would like to see an autopause on TOD, just for those moments your family wants attention too :). Is that possible with MSFS?

I would like to chime in to say I also wish for at least the TOD pause. There is no good way to achieve pause at TOD in MSFS at the moment so it would be very valuable to many to have this in the crj. 

4 hours ago, rsmith6621a said:

I think the TOD issue is an Asobo issue.

Why do you think that? The airplane is able to calculate TOD, why couldnt Aerosoft add another function to it to pause when it reaches tod?

26 minutes ago, Dolly77 said:

When I want to pause the flight I always use the “esc” key... it would be nice if the plane could do it at the TOD 

@Hans Hartmann has the issue with "Esc" pause been resolved with the latest version?  I did not notice anything about it in the release notes.  

I assigned a key to "pause" and "un-pause" (which is separate from Dev mode pause) since "Esc" previously caused problems...

• Developer

No, the issue is not in the CRJ. MSFS doesn't send "Pause" and "Paused" events anymore when you go to the ESC menu. I reported this and it will be looked into.

I didn't try "pause" and "un-pause" myself yet. I will check that and see if the events are sent there.

To my knowledge, there are 4 ways to "pause" the sim:

1. Active Pause (which really doesn't pause anything)
  2. "Esc" key
  3. "Pause" and "un-pause" bound to key commands
  4. Dev mode pause

I think we know that #1 and #2 don't actually pause calculations in the CRJ.  Hans is looking into #3.  What about #4?

• 4 months later...
On 3/23/2021 at 4:05 PM, Martin Pampiermole said:

I also would like to see an autopause on TOD, just for those moments your family wants attention too :). Is that possible with MSFS?

On 3/23/2021 at 10:22 PM, august78 said:

I would like to chime in to say I also wish for at least the TOD pause.

On 3/30/2021 at 12:14 AM, Dolly77 said:

it would be nice if the plane could do it at the TOD

On 3/29/2021 at 9:06 PM, FlyByWire128 said:

Not as accurate as a true TOD pause,

I've just created a utility you might find useful. 

TOD Calculator & Pause » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Works with all aircraft. It has it's limitations, but it performs the task pretty well.

Cheers,

On 3/30/2021 at 3:39 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

No, the issue is not in the CRJ. MSFS doesn't send "Pause" and "Paused" events anymore when you go to the ESC menu. I reported this and it will be looked into.

I didn't try "pause" and "un-pause" myself yet. I will check that and see if the events are sent there.

"Classic" simconnet Pause Events work..  I made a Script Panel event in SPAD.neXt that will allow me to pause the sim based on Time to Destination.... get's  me close  enough...

I asked for the TOD time that is in the CRJ be exposed as an L:VAR already (no I don't  care about getting acknowledged if it is being looked at  just mentioning for reference) just like the WT CJ4 Mod has...  With that L:VAR it  is easy to make the more "accurate" event to  pause at  TOD....

Anyway my point to this was to state that yes PAUSE events from the "FSX" days are still supported... 

Archived