EDDB for Previous Owners

JEP795

Hi,

Is there a discount for previous EDDB owners? I have the boxed version for FSX and wanted to make sure I asked before purchasing. 

Thanks, 

Jonathan

vor 20 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Sorry, not possible.

I know, probably not the most beloved question and I hope I didn’t miss any previous posts of yours where it has been answered before, but could you please give a short note regarding this topic as to why there are no upgrade-discounts available anymore?

As far as I remembered there used to be the aim of not having the customers have to pay for the same or at least parts of the same product twice. Having bought the  previous version as well as the upgrade to p3dv4 it indeed is bothering me to have to purchase this once again in full.

Thanks in advance and please don’t see this post as criticism towards Aerosoft‘s pricing policy, it‘s just something I would love to understand..

• Aerosoft

Not seen as a criticism, don't worry.

There are two things in play, first of all a serious amount of work for P3D is simply not drag and drop into MSFS. A lot of material is new, and what is reused needs to be adapted. Secondly, all developers had to invest a lot of time in getting to get to grips with the new platform, it really is very different. That all took a serious amount of time and that needs to be paid for in some form.

Archived