Cant import flight plans at all. Only default ones.

jstnj

Hey all, hoping for some help if anyone else has experienced this.

• Using aerosoft.com download version of the CRJ
  • MSFS is installed, with the content on my Z drive (an SSD) using the regular install method with MSFS
  • all other mods / addons work

There was no /work folder created in the /Community/aerosoft-crj folder. I created one and put some plans in there, but the FMS does not detect them.

Any help is appreciated!

2 minutes ago, Justin J said:

There was no /work folder created in the /Community/aerosoft-crj folder.

Hi Justin,

This is because the folders in which you need to place the flight plans are not in this directory. The directories are as follows:

📂 MS Store path - C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME HERE\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\aerosoft-crj\work

📁 Steam store path - C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj\work

Here is one of my videos on the topic if you need any further assistance.

4 minutes ago, BobbyFuzzy said:

Hi Justin,

This is because the folders in which you need to place the flight plans are not in this directory. The directories are as follows:

📂 MS Store path - C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME HERE\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\aerosoft-crj\work

📁 Steam store path - C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj\work

Well, I feel dumb. Thanks for the help. Found it.

• 7 months later...
On 3/23/2021 at 9:15 AM, BobbyFuzzy said:

Hi Justin,

All, I looked and don't have this location. I did at one time and had it working, When I did the 1.06.x.x update it broke it. Can I just add the aerosoft-crj\work folder to the location? 

Please login to display this image.

Having issues location the work folder to import Simbrief it was working back before the 1.06.xx patch but now it is gone...Can I just add those folders to the location?

Please login to display this image.

4 minutes ago, USSMongoose said:

Can I just add those folders to the location?

I don't think so. I believe the CRJ will create these folders once it has been launched at least once. Have you been into the sim and loaded in with the aircraft yet?

56 minutes ago, BobbyFuzzy said:

I don't think so. I believe the CRJ will create these folders once it has been launched at least once. Have you been into the sim and loaded in with the aircraft yet?

Yes I just did let me go look

Archived