ASUpdater won't update

• Deputy Sheriffs

The problem I see, it only founds FSX flightsimulator, but not the MFS, and you have Trondheim for MFS installed.

Maybe a broken MFS installation?

Thanks, but my MSFS installation works just fine. It would help a lot if I knew what ASUpdater is looking to determine if MSFS is installed or not. MSFS works just fine, and the Orbx Installer finds it without any problems. ASUpdater worked fine the last time I checked, proibably a few weeks ago.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please try the following:

- run MFS, then close it and try ASUPdater again

- turn off AV software when running the ASUpdater.

Thanks, that's what I did before I saw your last message. Eg I ran MSFS then immediately started ASUpdater, that solved the issue for now.

I'm still wondering exactly what it ASUpdater checks for to see if MSFS is installed though. Any idea anyone?

Today wa the first time I discover this thing called ASUpdater. I redownloaded Bal cause of the Rwy27 ILS fix but that did not fix it and thats how I discovered I need to run the ASupdater instead of redownloading file.

It correctly found all my AS Installed products and 4 of them were in red telling me there are updates? Now, what do I do? Do I have to click on anything to update?  I don't see any such buttons. It did not tell me it did anything. 

I exit out and re run it again and it still lists those ddons with red color meaning it has updates to do? No matter how many times I run this tool, its always listed in red. under Installed

Please login to display this image.

Someone told me there are some buttons at the bottom..I can't get to it cause this window is full frame window and no way  to reduce it from full frame. to use this tool.

I had to change my TV Resolution to make it visible. LOL :)

My TV is 4 K but since I  still can't find the 3080 or the 3090 I am using a cheap video card... so I have my resolution at 2K instead of 4K. :P)

It's now updating.

I now realize I have a backlog of updates. This Windows tool need fixing you know. It looks likes a DOS Tool. :)

Probably you managed to resize the AS Updater window to a size bigger than your screen size. If the AS Updater has the focus, type ALT-Space, that should open the system menu. Select the resize option and use cursor keys to resize the AS Updater to a comfortable size.

• Developer

@chjohans There is another case where we found an "asupdater.xml" in <Documents>\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products. If this is the case for you too, please move it out of Products and into the ASUpdater main folder. If you don't have such a file in Products, please zip the Logs and Products folders and send them both to me via direct message. Thank you.

Hans,

I have about 20 AS airports installed for P3DV5 (they all work) and a few MSFS2020 AS airports. However I donot see any of these in the ASUpdater. I tried to re-install the updater but no success.

Can I manually add the as_airport.......xml files to the product folder W9Where can I find them?) and then re-run AsUpdater? P3DV5 and MSFS2020 work fine.

In my log it only show3s 4 airports, but I cannot see any of them. Before I could see all my airports and carry out the necessary available updates......

Help appreciated.

Peter Hougardy

ASUpdater_App_Log.txt

Does anyone have any suggestions? Can I download the latest ASUpdater and do a re-install? 

Thanks,

Peter Hougardy

PS When ASUpdater worked I could see all my P3DV5 and MSFS2020 airports! Great Tool, but...... 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Strange thing in the log is that MFS is not listed as found.

Please attach the following files to your post:

ASUpdater.cfg

asupdater.xml

I have solved the problem......I did delete my ASUpdater and re-installed ALL (P3DV5 and MSFS20209) my AS airports again......now it works - probably corrupt files.

So my tip: if the updater does not work - stop searching for  a solution, most likely a waste of your time:  start fresh again....the hard way, but a succesful way!! 😉

Peter Hougardy

Archived