Aircraft behavior at rotation speed during take off roll

Hi folks,

First and foremost, all my thanks to the dev team for this promising hardcore add on and for the sheer amount of obvious dedication to the sim community. My pleasure to fly the bird is ruined by the aircraft behavior during take off roll as I can't achieve a proper rotation at VR. Even a full pitch up action on my stick is not sufficient to be airborne by the end of the runway. It looks like take off speed to achieve lift off is not as calculated and I finally get airborne at almost 200Kts, and then I always get into trouble to stick to the flight director guidance cues as flight stability is unmanageable (kind of windshear or high turbulence inducing upside down attitude). I barely recover by the end of the noise abatement altitude at the expense of an overspeed situation. Anyone please to help find out why I experience this issue ? By the way, my flight control check is showing a normal pitch response from the elevator matching my actual input on the stick. Pitch trim setup at 7.2 for take off is green as per EFB calculation for 19.4% MACTO.

Just in case you question my flight simming experience in some way, I'm a highly trained simmer and actual CRJ pilot (8000 hours on type). I love the way the CRJ is modeled, just a couple of erratic things I noticed so far, like the FMA white "ALTS" mention missing on ground when you depress the pushbutton on the thrust levers. And the "runway update" process should be subsequent to that same pushbutton depress action as well rather than being initiated from the CDU. One another thing quickly noticed is the tendancy to pitch down to achieve the selected speed as the climb mode is engaged at the extent of a negative vertical speed wich is absolutely not realistic since the EICAS 2000 software version limiting the nose down during acceleration in climb mode at a positive rate of 50ft/min. Generally the autopilot input is way too much exagerated to maintain the FD bars centered and the aircraft seems to be too much reactive to air turbulence as well. Just my personal observation.

I would highly appreciate your return about my issue denying my pleasure to fly the bird as it is not getting airborne at VR with a full pitch up stick deflection.

Regards  

• Developer

Thank you for your detailed report. It would make it easier for us to place seperate postings per issue and into the right forum section as not every developer looks through all of them. I have forwarded the avionics observations.

We have four reasons for not flying right:

1. Using LEGACY versus MODERN flight model => change to MODERN

2. Weather with icing condition which in MSFS is only putting way too much weight onto the aircraft => switch to ICING only VISUAL effect (not always working)

3. Incorrect loading from EFB to Sim - sometimes a double click helps

4. The CoG slider is full to the left => put it fully to the RIGHT (35%)

Thank you guys, 

I was indeed flying in legacy instead of modern. Problem sorted out. At last I enyoy flying with no headache. 

Roger that Metzgergva. One issue per post and in the right section.

Greetings

Archived