Honeycomb Alpha buttons

Hi!

Thank you Aerosoft once again for a fine product.

Have tried to find an answer to this, but haven't managed so far.

The buttons on the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke (taxi lights, beacon, landing lights etc) dont seem to be working. Are there any settings I have to change i MSFS (they work in other default aircrafts) or is it not possible in the CRJ to use these buttons at the moment?

Best regards

Jan Jönsson

As far as I recall, multiple people in this forum reported that the light switches in the plane do not currently work with ANY device, not even via keyboard bindings.
So for now you have to manually click the light switches in the virtual cockpit with your mouse, to flip them.

vor 29 Minuten, janjoensson sagte:

The buttons on the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke (taxi lights, beacon, landing lights etc) dont seem to be working. Are there any settings I have to change i MSFS (they work in other default aircrafts) or is it not possible in the CRJ to use these buttons at the moment?

I am using here a tool named Axid and Ohs. With it you can set so called lvars to use almost all functions of the CRJ. I use it here for the alpha and bravo.

• Aerosoft

Indeed. Some buttons and functions in the CRJ are not (yet) bindable via the standard button assignment system 

of MSFS.
MSFS works a bit differently than P3D in term of events interception in the third party addons.

You can however interface much more function using the L-Vars with Spad.Next or  AxisAndOhs :
http://www.lorby-si.com/uploads/6/0/8/2/60827113/lorbyaxisandohs_documentation.pdf

54 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Thank you bLindye.
Feel free to share with anyone.

Alright, will share them later tonight.

Should we make a new thread where everyone can share their templates?

• Aerosoft

We will think about this indeed.
However, for the time being, just share it here.
It will make things easier for the moment, please.

I'd love to add a vote for the basic buttons on these controllers to become assignable events in MSFS.  Primarily it's the lights that are missing.  AP control is a bit broken, but largely works.  One of the things I'm really hoping from out of MSFS is to cut down on the "external" stuff needed. 

AAO Templates for Honeycomb Bravo, Alpha and Behringer XTouch Mini

Installation instructions:

AAO 2.04 is required!

Start AAO always after the plane is loaded in airport!

Load CRJ to airport and start AAO

Templates -> Import template -> Open downloaded template you wish to import

Add selection to template and click Import

Templates -> Apply template to this aircraft

Select template you wish to use -> Apply

If you want to only use template you are applying, click replace (it will delete all previous bindings you have), but if you want to add bindings from template to your current profile, click Merge (or if you are adding second template and so on)

Bravo 

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Io_Nuy-vWQYHSgzYCWqG1ieeLgxhGPgc/view?usp=sharing

Included:

• ALT, VS, HDG, CRS1 and SPEED selection via rotary knobs

• HDG, NAV, APPR, VNAV, ALT, VS, SPEED, AP Master buttons

• Cowl anti-ice, wing anti-ice and parking brake on the switches. (4 switches empty for your own assignments)

• Gear lever

• Up-down flap lever

• Flap lever next to throttles (compatible with flapmodster detents!)

Alpha

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NkHHBOyYA6TLA03qBY85u4z-o93_Dw5s/view?usp=sharing

Included:

• Beacon, Landing, Taxi, Nav and Strobe light switches
  • Stab trim
  • AP Disconnect (red button)

Behringer XTouch Mini

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jlhXV-L4MU3LOhHR7BV_CAa361bEyTrB/view?usp=sharing

Check the png file inside the zip to see what's included, this will be updated in the future (unless someone makes a better one :))

• Aerosoft

Hi bLindye,

Thank you ! ☺

"Knowledge is useless until you share it"

That is what you di d and it is great.

To everyone : Feel free to share and use.
Feedback is always welcome as it is constructive and courteous !

I was able to import the Bravo template just fine.  When I imported (selecting merge) the Alpha, Axis and Oh's shows only the Bravo under "configured devices".  The assignments for the Alpha show up for the yoke in the buttons column (albeit red).  But it doesn't seem to think the alpha yoke is a "configured device".  I had to "replace" the configured Bravo with my Bravo since they had different hardware ID's, but I'm not sure I understand why I'm not seeing the Alpha as a configured controller to replace. 

I've never used Axis and Oh's before, so I'm hoping someone who knows more on the forums might be able to help me figure this out.

7 hours ago, bLindye said:

AAO 2.04 is required!

Start AAO always after the plane is loaded in airport......

Thanks so much for this!  Exactly what I was looking for.  The only thing I see is that the rotary on the bravo is very jumpy.  It takes a very slow turn to get just one place of movement for speed, heading, course and altitude.  Is there a way to "slow it down"

8 hours ago, ESzczesniak said:

I was able to import the Bravo template just fine.  When I imported (selecting merge) the Alpha, Axis and Oh's shows only the Bravo under "configured devices".  The assignments for the Alpha show up for the yoke in the buttons column (albeit red).  But it doesn't seem to think the alpha yoke is a "configured device".  I had to "replace" the configured Bravo with my Bravo since they had different hardware ID's, but I'm not sure I understand why I'm not seeing the Alpha as a configured controller to replace. 

I've never used Axis and Oh's before, so I'm hoping someone who knows more on the forums might be able to help me figure this out.

It is pretty clunky.

* The manual doesn't match the app.

* My yoke doesn't work. If you edit a button you can see that it says that the device is "All". That doesn't work. If I select the yoke from the drop list and save it then the mapping does work. But then if I open the entry again, it is back to "All".

* The active "Assigned  Button" is the one sending a command to the app. But buttons like gear /up/down are always on. This means when you assign those two, you cannot edit another button. You can only add them.

* The Alpha yoke doesn't show up in the hardware change list. So we cant transfer the profile to other users (each yoke has its own id) unless you edit all the mappings to set their yokes device id. This is why I had to try an edit.

So, it does look really promising but it is hard to enjoy the features when editing or initial setup of someone else's template is so tedious. It is possible to get it to work if you don't mind the hoops you have to jump though by using the Reassign controls in config menu item.

The menu item called "reassign controls in config"will make you go through every control so you can edit them. But if you have 50 assignments and you want to edit the last one, well, have fun. If you got to number 48 and accidentally went past it, time to start all over again.

If this was to negate the issue where the "Assigned Button" panel is always stuck on an always on button. I'd suggest a simple toggle button that says "Activate On Device Trigger" or something. A lot easier!

The demo version I have says 2.0.4 b43. If there have been 43 betas to get to 2.05 then that isn't a good sign either but maybe the version number is atypical.

vor 10 Stunden , bLindye sagte:

AAO 2.04 is required!

If you want to only use template you are applying, click replace (it will delete all previous bindings you have), but if you want to add bindings from template to your current profile, click Merge (or if you are adding second template and so on)

Bravo 

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Io_Nuy-vWQYHSgzYCWqG1ieeLgxhGPgc/view?usp=sharing

Included:

• Cowl anti-ice, wing anti-ice and parking brake on the switches. (4 switches empty for your own assignments)

• Gear lever

• Up-down flap lever

Alpha

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NkHHBOyYA6TLA03qBY85u4z-o93_Dw5s/view?usp=sharing

Included:

• Stab trim

Behringer XTouch Mini

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jlhXV-L4MU3LOhHR7BV_CAa361bEyTrB/view?usp=sharing

Check the png file inside the zip to see what's included, this will be updated in the future (unless someone makes a better one :))

@bLindye First of all, Thank You for sharing the scripts.

I saw your write in MSFS Forum about die 50k feet Bug with the Bravo Throttle. Are this fixed?

I also use ASCRJ_YOKEC_APDISC on the Alpha. But i must click twice in a row that die AP are off. Did you have this also? its that normal?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Crabby said:

Thanks so much for this!  Exactly what I was looking for.  The only thing I see is that the rotary on the bravo is very jumpy.  It takes a very slow turn to get just one place of movement for speed, heading, course and altitude.  Is there a way to "slow it down"

Do you have AAO 2.04? I had that jumpy behaviour in AAO 2.03 but when updated to 2.04 I haven’t seen it anymore. 

1 hour ago, czuerner said:

@bLindye First of all, Thank You for sharing the scripts.

I saw your write in MSFS Forum about die 50k feet Bug with the Bravo Throttle. Are this fixed?

I also use ASCRJ_YOKEC_APDISC on the Alpha. But i must click twice in a row that die AP are off. Did you have this also? its that normal?

Thanks

Lorby is working on the 50k bug but he said it’s not a easy fix. But when starting AAO after plane is in airport has worked every time for me.

I need to check the AP disconnect on the yoke, I thought that was the correct behaviour but watching some videos it needs to be pressed just once. The binding on the button is calling the correct variable so it may be modeled that way. And I believe if you press AP/DISC with mouse on VC it requires two push also?

9 hours ago, bLindye said:

Do you have AAO 2.04? I had that jumpy behaviour in AAO 2.03 but when updated to 2.04 I haven’t seen it anymore. 

Well I am a dumbass.  I just bought it right before I replied to you from Just Flight.  I guess they did not have 2.04 for download yet.  I have it now and will test though I am sure that was the problem.  How hard would it be to add master battery to the Alpha?  Maybe put that on BAT and use the ALT button for the DC Service? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Crabby said:

Well I am a dumbass.  I just bought it right before I replied to you from Just Flight.  I guess they did not have 2.04 for download yet.  I have it now and will test though I am sure that was the problem.  How hard would it be to add master battery to the Alpha?  Maybe put that on BAT and use the ALT button for the DC Service? Thanks!

Ok, let me know if it still doesn’t work.

I can add the master battery and DC service tonight. I’ll also try to export the template bit different if that would help when importing.

9 minutes ago, bLindye said:

Ok, let me know if it still doesn’t work.

I can add the master battery and DC service tonight. I’ll also try to export the template bit different if that would help when importing.

Works almost perfectly!  The only issue I have is for some reason the flaps will not fully extend unless I hold the flaps "button" down (not the axis but the buttons labeled FLAPS on the tq).  I made sure to remove any assignments on the sim.  In fact I only have the axis mapped in sim now (aileron, elevator on the alpha and spoiler throttle on the bravo).  What I did though was delete the flaps up/down assignments from AAO and put that back in the sim.  AAO seemed to have the button numbers off by 1 for each button.  I am just getting started with AAO so I don't know if that is a problem or not.  AAO did recognize the correct button movement, just labeled them as 14 and 15 instead of 15 and 16

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lkpa-S6j1uay2AZ6PQi4_HxM68xMr_Ob/view?usp=sharing
Here's new template for HC Alpha. Master battery and DC Service is added.  I cannot edit the initial post unfortunately.

Note that if you already have that earlier template loaded and you merge the new one, it will duplicate all bindings.

1 hour ago, Crabby said:

Works almost perfectly!  The only issue I have is for some reason the flaps will not fully extend unless I hold the flaps "button" down (not the axis but the buttons labeled FLAPS on the tq).  I made sure to remove any assignments on the sim.  In fact I only have the axis mapped in sim now (aileron, elevator on the alpha and spoiler throttle on the bravo).  What I did though was delete the flaps up/down assignments from AAO and put that back in the sim.  AAO seemed to have the button numbers off by 1 for each button.  I am just getting started with AAO so I don't know if that is a problem or not.  AAO did recognize the correct button movement, just labeled them as 14 and 15 instead of 15 and 16

I was not able to replicate your problem with Flaps. For me just clicking the flap lever is working fine. Make sure the binding for it is AerosoftCRJ_Bravo-flaps_down and flaps_up. If it's crj_flaps-flaps then it's wrong, that script should go to axis lever.

It should look like this, this is correct for that Up/Down flap lever.

Please login to display this image.

On 3/23/2021 at 9:43 PM, bLindye said:

Behringer XTouch Mini

bLindye, thanks a lot for sharing - the Behringer profile works great and saved me a lot of work.

I spotted one minor mistake. The script crs_sel_inc is currently set to 

(L:ASCRJ_LSP_CRS1_SEL,Number) 10 + dnor (L:ASCRJ_LSP_CRS1_SEL, Number (L:ASCRJ_FCP_CRS1_CHANGE, Number ) ++ (>L:ASCRJ_FCP_CRS1_CHANGE, Number)

which is missing a parentheses in the middle. It should be 

(L:ASCRJ_LSP_CRS1_SEL,Number) 10 + dnor (L:ASCRJ_LSP_CRS1_SEL, Number) (L:ASCRJ_FCP_CRS1_CHANGE, Number ) ++ (>L:ASCRJ_FCP_CRS1_CHANGE, Number)

On 3/23/2021 at 8:43 PM, bLindye said:

AAO 2.04 is required!

Bravo 

Included:

• Gear lever

• Up-down flap lever

Alpha

Included:

• Stab trim

Behringer XTouch Mini

This is fantastic thanks.  Hadn't heard of this software until today, looking forward now to trying it out with other aircraft and bindings that I have struggled to get working.  Does anyone know if there a respository to find additional templates such as for the Logitech/Saitek Radio Panel?  

• Aerosoft
vor 9 Stunden , chili sagte:

This is fantastic thanks.  Hadn't heard of this software until today, looking forward now to trying it out with other aircraft and bindings that I have struggled to get working.  Does anyone know if there a respository to find additional templates such as for the Logitech/Saitek Radio Panel?  

See page 40 : 
https://axisandohs.weebly.com/uploads/6/0/8/2/60827113/lorbyaxisandohs_msfs_documentation.pdf

On 23.3.2021 at 21:43, bLindye sagte:

Thank you for creating and sharing these templates! That brought the CRJ to another level for me.

I bought AAO just to be able to use these and it worked quite intuitively without even looking at the manual 🙂, so I am not into AAO yet at all. I will certainly look into AAO deeper later on (I have been using LINDA so far, but unfortunately development seems to be discontinued - AAO looks to be a good successor).

I wonder if it would be possible to dial in the landing elevation and the MDA/DH as well with the right rotary knob of the Bravo, maybe after selecting these items with one of the up/down switches. That would be very handy.

Archived