FMS vs. Holding Entry

Hello.

I also noticed how most of the holding entry patterns are not well flown by the AP/NAV based on the FMS inserted holding (it works only with a perfect holding already aligned with my flown track, whatever needs to be entered based on an entry pattern won't work...).

A/C is always making out of reasons turns when trying to joing the specified holding...

Tks for investigating.

Can confirm, AP wasn't able to complete any holding pattern, and I've tried several with different leg sizes. 
Looks good on the  MFD but never gets flown how it is drawn.
Will try to do a video tomorrow.

Crazy, today the four holds were actually quite ok. It turned too early and didn't always enter quite right but other that it was not too bad. 

One thing though, doing the PROVO4 Departure at KPVU it automatically loads the hold at FFU, but after reaching FFU it automatically arms the holding exit.
Can be seen in this speed up video.

Will maybe try some more holds tomorrow.

Please login to view this video.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

Same issue for me, I've tried multiple holds but they never worked out (the plane flies pretty randomly in circles).

For additional information, I use Navigraph data.

I hope this issue can be resolved soon. Or maybe that there is a more simple explanation to this ?!

• 2 weeks later...

Still after a loooot of flights I have issues with the not direct entries.

A Direct entry works. The others 2 not at all, at least this is what happens to me in whatever situation I tried in the last month.

Is any development in progress about holdings?

• 1 month later...

Hello again, is the Holding topic one of the first next bug fixes planned soon?

I frequently have to enter holdings, I can still do it manually (as I am always forced to do) but having the crj catching them properly whenever would help ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Adding here - I've tried several combinations today, I can't get the autopilot to follow a direct entry hold. The path is correct drawn, but the autopilot won't follow it. Hold is active in legs page, but it's seemingly flying a random pattern with now resemblance to the actual path drawn on the MFD. 

Any ideas from the Devs? 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all,

since March I'm still unable to let the a/c joine automatically an hold correctly, it continues doing all "he wants to do" without following the predicted holding entry.

When this quite big issue will get solved?

It does not enter the hold, and neither follow an hold correctly once is commended... a bit useless for such activity.

Thanks for bringing an update :)

I affirm, holding by CRJ is almost unflyable. I tried few times and each one was with the same result - failed. At most, the CRJ did on circle correctly but after that, unpredictable things started to happen. Each next circle had different shape and was dissimilar to the circle/ellipse. Performing a holding on Vatsim is very risky, so i do it manually using HDG mode. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived