CRJ AOA on decent/approach 10-20 degrees

I've followed the tutorial manual step by step and even The Dude's tutorial videos but now for the second time (both EDLP-EDDM)(screenshot is from a 3rd try at 26r) during the decent/final the AP is putting the AOA at 15-20 as soon as I put flaps on.

I've read the manual so I know that 210 is the min speed without flaps/gear. It's around that speed I've engaged the first setting of flaps.

The problem is from there until landing the AOA goes to a very steep angle. FD and AP puts it at almost 20 degrees. 

Even retracting the flaps and increasing my speed doesn't change anything. FD/AP still puts it at 10-20 degrees at 220plus knots (still dropping altitude).

Even at 250ft and 140 knots the FD shows almost 10 degrees.

Edit:

I've set the EFB Performance tab to 62, 368, 370, and 3440 and set them within the aircraft

Please login to display this image.

• cyguy changed the title to CRJ AOA on decent/approach 10-20 degrees

Another flight with the same issue. AOA is fine throughout the entire flight until 5,000ft/flaps 1.

I'm getting the same steep pitch attitude during approach phase.  When slowing down to around 200 KIAS, the CRJ pitches up to maintain the selected altitude on the FCP.  I am constantly checking the throttle position and adding thrust to increase speed and drop the nose but something just ain't right.  I have checked the Dude's tutorial video several times to be sure I'm not doing anything wrong but still not sure what the problem may be.   I will keep testing but hope to hear back on this thread for some support on this issue.  

2 hours ago, Piper9t3 said:

I'm getting the same steep pitch attitude during approach phase.  When slowing down to around 200 KIAS, the CRJ pitches up to maintain the selected altitude on the FCP.  I am constantly checking the throttle position and adding thrust to increase speed and drop the nose but something just ain't right.  I have checked the Dude's tutorial video several times to be sure I'm not doing anything wrong but still not sure what the problem may be.   I will keep testing but hope to hear back on this thread for some support on this issue.  

I will keep testing as well but so far nothing has worked.

I've even tried commenting on The Dudes videos about this subject but they are removed.

Edit:

To be clear, I don't know who is removing them. I have asked several questions and The Dude has answered the same day.

18 minutes ago, cyguy said:

I will keep testing as well but so far nothing has worked.

I've even tried commenting on The Dudes videos about this subject but they are removed.

Edit:

To be clear, I don't know who is removing them. I have asked several questions and The Dude has answered the same day.

What is your icing model set to in the sim?

41 minutes ago, Matthew2312 said:

What is your icing model set to in the sim?

Not sure what you are referring to. I've even just opened MSFS2020 again to be sure and don't see an icing model setting.

To clear up some things, I do have anti-ice on. Right and left windows as well as cowls.

Also, anytime I turn cowl anti-ice off after the first ice indication, it always has an ice warning regardless of the temp/altitude

19 minutes ago, cyguy said:

Not sure what you are referring to. I've even just opened MSFS2020 again to be sure and don't see an icing model setting.

To clear up some things, I do have anti-ice on. Right and left windows as well as cowls

In the main MSFS realism settings you can choose what effect icing has on the airframes. Real, visual only, or none. Set it to visual only. 

9 minutes ago, Chaxterium said:

In the main MSFS realism settings you can choose what effect icing has on the airframes. Real, visual only, or none. Set it to visual only. 

Yeah, I see that now.

I'll try that and give you an update.

Thanks for the help

2 hours ago, Chaxterium said:

I had hopes for this and spent another hour and a half from cold and dark from EDLP-EDDM.

Edit: one of the differences in The Dudes videos and the tutorial in the manual was the transition altitude. I did not set it to 5000 (as Europe requires) but still the same issue.

So neither ice nor transition altitude are to blame

Nope. Same issues.

3 hours ago, cyguy said:

I had hopes for this and spent another hour and a half from cold and dark from EDLP-EDDM.

Edit: one of the differences in The Dudes videos and the tutorial in the manual was the transition altitude. I did not set it to 5000 (as Europe requires) but still the same issue.

So neither ice nor transition altitude are to blame

Nope. Same issues.

Your issue on the this one might be that you are only at flaps20 for landing instead of 45

Archived