PFPX Route Translator Spreadsheets

Which version of Excel ?

Given that it previously worked for you and is not AIRAC dependent what has possibly changed.

Is the document in the trusted list or located in a trusted location ?

10 hours ago, srcooke said:

Which version of Excel ?

Given that it previously worked for you and is not AIRAC dependent what has possibly changed.

Is the document in the trusted list or located in a trusted location ?

Running the latest version of 365, 2102. It is trusted and located on the desktop. The only change I can think of is maybe it has updated, and that an excel update has broken it?

Can you check the downloaded prefroutes_db.csv file. On very rare occasions the FAA prefroutes_db.csv file includes quotes in each route. Not sure why this happens. This will cause an error similar to what you are encountering. If this is the case, an easy fix is to open the downloaded prefroutes_db.csv file in a text editor and use the find & replace function to remove the quotes. You can then use the fixed file in the spreadsheet.

Regards,

Serge

41 minutes ago, Serge75 said:

Can you check the downloaded prefroutes_db.csv file. On very rare occasions the FAA prefroutes_db.csv file includes quotes in each route. Not sure why this happens. This will cause an error similar to what you are encountering. If this is the case, an easy fix is to open the downloaded prefroutes_db.csv file in a text editor and use the find & replace function to remove the quotes. You can then use the fixed file in the spreadsheet.

Regards,

Serge

Hey mate, I can't seem to see any in there. 

Stirling

I just download the latest prefroutes_db.csv file to check and found it contains quotes (check it in a text editor, not excel). Using this file as is will cause the error you encountered. Once I removed the quotes using a text editor the spreadsheet worked.

Please login to display this image.

Regards,
Serge

Hi @Serge75,

It all worked until step 6...upon saving it gives me an error: "Type mismatch"

Followed all the steps in the sheet (including removing the quotes). It parsed the data successfully and told me to continue to step 6 where I get this error. Any ideas how to fix this?

I haven't come across this error before so not sure what's gone wrong to be honest. Have you run the spreadsheet and exported the routes with success previously?

What's the Output tab on the spreadsheet look like? Similar to this below?

Yes I have been able to export the FAA routes previously (before the quotes change) perfectly. 

Yesterday I read about the quotes problem and applied the fix and it parsed the data succesfully (see below image):

This is how the output tab looks like:

Not as yours....I've included the formula field...but can't figure out what #REF! field it's missing....

Nvm @Serge75,

I just redownloaded the FAA Route Translator Spreadsheet, re-ran everything and it all works. I have my .txt file to import into PFPX. 
I think maybe from previous saves something must have corrupted the spreadsheet...

In any case, thank you for the help.

• 6 months later...

I've only discovered this tool recently, and am enjoying it, but have discovered a few oddities when I have worked through the invalid routes that are trying to be imported into PFPX and validated against the latest AIRAC.

1. Where the SRD has a route where you are flying DCT to a waypoint and then DCT to the end of the route.  You seem to be parsing it as WAYPOINT 0 ENDPOINT, which PFPX rejects.  It just wants the waypoint by itself.  Since it has the origination and destination from the route name it can figure everything else out. 
  2. In several cases where there was a route "DCT OAT DCT 5614N00300W, what was imported was DCT DCT 5614N00300W.  Now OAT is an error, but it is an error in the SRD, so I'm not sure why it became DCT DCT.  

Please let me know if you need more information.  And really, thank you for your work.

I've updated the NATS SRD Routes Translator spreadsheet to remove all DCT's from the routes as PFPX will import the routes without them. Regarding OAT in point 2, the spreadsheet removes OAT from the SRD routes which is why it went from DCT OAT DCT to DCT DCT. As all DCT's are now removed this shouldn't be an issue anymore.

While I was at it I fixed up a few of the SRD routes with errors in them such as those that have HONN in them (changed to HON). I also updated the NATS SRD spreadsheet download link on the Control page.

You can grab the updated spreadsheet for the downloads section

Regards,
Serge

Cool!  Thank you!  I've also reported several of the spelling (HONN instead of HON, and AGPED instead of APGED) and routing errors in SRD to the NATS flight planning group and they have said that they will fix them in the next SDR, or for the more complicated oddities, investigate them further.  

I don't know if it is just me or not, but the year in the remarks field is importing at YYYY even though I have it in the template.  The month and day does import correctly.

On 10/13/2021 at 5:06 PM, oldenough said:

I don't know if it is just me or not, but the year in the remarks field is importing at YYYY even though I have it in the template.  The month and day does import correctly.

Sorry, not sure exactly what you mean by this? Are you referring to the remarks in the imported SRD routes? If so, the full date shows correctly at my end.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2021 at 6:38 AM, Serge75 said:

Sorry, not sure exactly what you mean by this? Are you referring to the remarks in the imported SRD routes? If so, the full date shows correctly at my end.

Yes, that is what I meant.  I just see YYYY.  If it is right for you, then please don't worry about it.

Archived