Nose wheel after touchdown

I made a couple of practice landings and sometimes when i touch down with about 115 kts, the nose wheel must be pushed onto the runway. Otherwise, it will stay "in the air" until i reach about 80 knots. Another landing with the exact same speed and the nose wheel will automatically come down after touch down. That is strange or are my landings just bad?

Who can say without seeing them? Did they also have the exact same weight at touchdown, including fuel, and trim settings on landing. Were the winds the same direction and speed also?

I think it can only be the same if everything in your approach and landing is really consistent and we can't see that and seeing they are manually flown it does take some skill to be really consistent.

I was flying some patterns so fuel was nearly the same during each approach. Wind was always the same (Weather preset) for practicing purposes. It was very strange so i thought there might be an issue here.

• Developer

This is a known issue and is worked upon. For the time be on target speed and gently put the nose down with the yoke. Do not use reverser power until the nose is on ground.

Archived