[Suggestion] Is it possible to implement the airplane state saving in between sessions like JustFlight did for Arrow III?

CanadianStig

29 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If you save the aircraft using the standard save option we save as much as possible with the aircraft. Weather is often a problem.

Oh I did not know that, but that's not quite what I meant.

I was trying to say to save the position of switches etc in between new flight. So regardless of where you landed and where your next flight is going to originate from, the positions of the switches are always saved from the previous flight after you landed and shut down. 

So for example, If I landed at JFK and shut down the plane, but forgot to turn the anti ice switch off, and on second day I decided I wanna start my flight from DFW, the anti ice switch will still be armed.

The JustFlight arrow III currently does this, which is quite nice because not only you will just care about getting from cold and dark to flight ready, you will also pay attention to properly shut down all the systems as well because it will effect your next start up if you don't.

I don't know how they implemented it, part of me believe its a lot of work but part of me also thinks MFS might support it without doing too much work :) 

I've been thinking about this too. Doing the originating checklist feels important the first two flights, but then you realize that the N/W steering switch is always off, the bleed air knobs are always in the correct position, the ADG is stowed etc etc. However, if the switch and knob positions where persistent it would suddenly become really important.

18 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

This sounds like the idea behind PMDGs GFO, which mathijs said it will work with the CRJ when and if it comes to MSFS 

Again as I said, without going into that type of depth. JustFlight Arrow III already do it locally, it will save the state of the airplane between sessions, so I was just wondering if it can be done in CRJ.

• Aerosoft
13 hours ago, CanadianStig said:

Again as I said, without going into that type of depth. JustFlight Arrow III already do it locally, it will save the state of the airplane between sessions, so I was just wondering if it can be done in CRJ.

It seems currently easier in HTML/JavaScript then C++. We'll will look at it.

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It seems currently easier in HTML/JavaScript then C++. We'll will look at it.

I got an idea on how to solve this and downloaded Visual Studio to start implement it. However, being a Linux developer I soon found myself completely lost so I share my idea here instead hoping someone can pick it up.

The idea is to create a small app with basically two buttons, LOAD and SAVE. Pressing SAVE it would read all relevant LVars (switches, knobs etc) and store the values in a text file. Pressing LOAD it would read the values from the file and write to the LVars. To access the LVars I was going to use the FSUIPC WASM module (https://forum.simflight.com/topic/92031-wasm-module-client-api-for-msfs-fsuipc7-now-available-for-developers-and-advanced-users-only/).

For someone with at least a little bit of Windows development this should be a walk in the park 🙂

Archived